Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung account login issue

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 11:35 AM)
pasqual87
Student
Options
Can anyone shed any light on this......Im setting up my partners phone, and i have transferred everything from her samsung s10 to s21 plus, but when i try to login to her samsung account on her new phone or old phone, it asks for a code to be sent to a random phone number neither of us has ever had and i cant seem to login to her account to remove and update the recovery phone number.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Is she still logged in on the s10? If she is, can she update her verification phone number or add a back up email address to it so you can receive the code that way?
0 Likes
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Sorry just re read and see that you can't
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Is her Gmail still logged in on s10? If so you could try changing password that way
0 Likes
pasqual87
Student
Options
no not logged in anymore so can change the number
0 Likes
pasqual87
Student
Options
have changed the password but still asking for the code sent to the random number regardless. its so infuriating
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@pasqual87: Can you try following the link below, select Set Up 2-Step Verification > On Your Computer and follow the on screen instructions to see if this helps? 

https://account.samsung.com/membership/guide/setup-2step-verification

If you're still having issues assigning a phone number to the process then please reach out to our Accounts Team on 0800 995 1079 where an advisor will be able to look into this for you. 

0 Likes
pasqual87
Student
Options
thanks
0 Likes