Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A42 5G WIFI software bug

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 08:25 AM)
Members_KXYx0YR
Journeyman
Options

When using the WIFI options to choose the WIFI network to connect to the following problems are seen. 

1. My router has both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WIFI bands, But the phone will only list 1 entry with no indication if it see's the 2.4 GHz or the 5 GHz band signal.

2. You cannot choose to connect to either WIFI band due to the issue in item 1.

This I believe is a software BUG as if I go in to my router settings I can turn off the 2.4 GHz WIFI and it will connect to 5 GHz band without issues, I can still connect 2.4 GHz signal if I turn off the 5 GHz signal from my router settings. This shows BOTH bands are working just fine. When the software scans both bands and see's the same WIFI name ( SSID ) it only lists 1 entry with no indication of which band the entry is from. 

Example of my TV ( WIFI SSID is only an example and not the real name of my WIFI).

Bush TV

router12234

router1234(5 GHz)

... (More WIFI routers listed here)

Samsung A42 5G

router1234

.... (More WIFI routers listed here)

There is no entry for each band on the Samsung A42 5G phone, and no indication of what entry ( which band ) got listed. This does NOT allow the user to choose which band without altering settings on the router ( which you should never have to do).

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0