Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A13 apps in background

(Topic created on: 26-03-2023 03:26 PM)
Pete Mullarkey
First Poster
Options

We recently bought a Samsung A13 for medical purposes. My daughter has a diabetes monitor and she uses this mobile to send us her data. Despite us managing all relevant settings the app does not work when the phone goes to sleep and we lose data. During the day as soon as she picks up her phone all the data fills back in. Overnight though while she is sleeping we get no data which could cause a medical emergency should she experience low blood sugar. I read somewhere that Samsung prioritises battery over background apps so we have plugged the phone in overnight but it's not ideal to leave a phone on charge every night for longevity of the battery or safety if it overheats. If anyone has a solution or a workaround we would be very grateful.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Have you checked in the battery settings for the app, it is set to unrestricted instead of optimised?
0 Likes
Pete Mullarkey
First Poster
Options

We have set it to unrestricted already Badger, but thanks for taking the time to reply.

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I think under device manager and battery usage limits, you can add apps to never sleep, sleep or deep sleep. It maybe worth seeing if the app can be added to never sleep.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would make sure app hasn't gone in to deep sleep and you battery saver and any sleep routines off

PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Pete Mullarkey. Further to what has been suggested already, the guide below (from our friends at Samsung US) will help ensure that you can add this to the list of Never sleeping apps:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088422/

Please let us know whether this helps.

0 Likes
Pete Mullarkey
First Poster
Options

Hi Badger

Have tried that but still not getting data when phone goes to sleep.

thanks

0 Likes
Pete Mullarkey
First Poster
Options

The app is for a medical device (diabetes monitor ) and as far as we can see all the permissions etc mean it cannot go to sleep. It doesn't go to sleep as the data is definitely being sent to my daughter's phone. However her phone is not then sending the data to our devices, which it should.

Thanks though Robot

0 Likes
Pete Mullarkey
First Poster
Options

Hi Paul

As I have said previously we have set the app to never sleep.

However we tried leaving the phone on charge last night and we got data on our phones throughout the night. Any ideas why that might make the app work correctly?

Cheers

Pete

0 Likes
Pete Mullarkey
First Poster
Options

thanks everyone for your help so far.

We have a workaround which is to leave the phone on charge overnight. This means that we are receiving the data from my daughter's phone on our phones.

However I would love to know why this is working? What does a charging phone do differently to one that isn't charging which might be relevant to this problem?

Thanks again

Much appreciated

0 Likes