Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra Text Messages

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 02:20 PM)
Adamw969
Navigator
Options

Hi, 

Is anyone having trouble with text messages. I chose the Samsung message app and i can send texts but cannot receive any. 

The Google messages app built in i think is causing the issues but i cannot uninstall it. 

I have tried using the Google app but is a right mess, message from the wrong person in conversations. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. You can find all the steps to do this step by step here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

0 Likes
AshleyO
Apprentice
Options

I did that and it still said registration failed. And now I can't even send messages threw wifi. I have had nothing but issues since I got this brand new phone. Maybe your people should fix the issues and put out an update. I've already had it replaced because you guys told me my phone was defective but my new one does the same thing. I have been a Samsung customer for for more then 10 years. And this is the first time I've had so many issues with a phone I want to throw it at a wall.

Mandy500
Apprentice
Options
Hi I have just got my new s21 plus and wen I'm texting in the normal text app it says failed every other text I send is there any help plz as I have never had this problem with other Samsungs and its stressing me out I'm paying alot a month for this phone
0 Likes
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
Hi Chris m comment at the top of this page cured mine.
Mandy500
Apprentice
Options
Hi you mean turning the rich communications off iv just done that it's not every text it's like every other text since iv turned it off in last 20mins texts been sending what dose that rich communications actually do iv never had that before my last Samsung was S10 plus don't think that was on there and thank you for replying its terrible to get through to o2 they just don't put you through
0 Likes
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
Hi Mandy, yes the rich communications cured mine. I think the Google texts clash too. Through apps I beleive I forced stop and made samsung texts my default. I'll have a look later for you and get back to you.
Mandy500
Apprentice
Options
Thank you I really appreciate it
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
Hi Mandy, I did disable the Google messages then made the Samsung my default, I did this though Apps in the settings? Then do the rich communications process. Hope this works

SmartSelect_20210504-140848_Settings_17849.jpg

Mandy500
Apprentice
Options
Thank you I will give it a try thank you for your help
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
No problem at all, hope it works 😃