Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra Text Messages

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 01:27 PM)
Adamw969
Navigator
Options

Hi, 

Is anyone having trouble with text messages. I chose the Samsung message app and i can send texts but cannot receive any. 

The Google messages app built in i think is causing the issues but i cannot uninstall it. 

I have tried using the Google app but is a right mess, message from the wrong person in conversations. 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
Have you selected either one to be your default messaging app?
0 Likes
Adamw969
Navigator
Options

Hi Yes, i have selected the Samsung app as the default. I vaguely remember having the same issues on the S20 Ultra too. 

0 Likes
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
I'm having issues with texts too. the texts that were sent over WiFi or 4g weren't coming through so I had to change the settings so I only get old school text messages using the sim card. for some reason the wifi texts were going to my old phone so I disconnected it all and they still wouldn't go through to my new phone 🤷🏻
0 Likes
Adamw969
Navigator
Options

Sounds like you have the same issues as me. All this technology you would think they could nail text messages in 2021 :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all!

Try this to see if this helps:

Messages > 3 dots (right) > Settings > Chat settings > Toggle off Rich communication settings, this should resolve the issue. Let us know if this helps!

0 Likes
AshleyO
Apprentice
Options

Part of the issue is we can't access chat settings. It's grayed out or it says registration failed. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

How strange @AshleyO ! 

can you try your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third party app is causing this to happen? To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode. Are you able to turn the feature on whilst the phone is performing in this mode?

Safe Mode disables all third party apps and so if this starts working in this mode, we can confirm it is being blocked by a third party app. 

0 Likes
AshleyO
Apprentice
Options

Please share better step by step instructions. When I hit the power button it says power off, restart, emergency mode. There is no shield that starts it in safe mode.

0 Likes
AshleyO
Apprentice
Options

Sometimes I wonder if your company even knows anything about how their phones work because I've spent hours on the phone with tech support and they know nothing. 

0 Likes