Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Slow charging

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 09:04 AM)
AnkitGupta120896
First Poster
Options

Hey folks!

I have orignal Samsung 45W charger (listed on their official site) and when I use it to charge my Galaxy S21 Ultra, it takes longer than what I have seen in some Youtube videos.

Mostly it takes the phone around 70 minutes to charge from 0 to 100.

But when i charge it using my Samsung 45W charger, i takes around 100 minutes ( 1 Hour 40 mins) to full charge.

I have tried charging the phone while the phone is turned OFF as well when it is ON, but i don't get the charging time around 70 minutes.

The fun thing is that if I plug the charger around 10-15%, it shows me that it will be charged completely in around 50mins to 1 hour, but as the time passes on, that figure increases and I get a completely charged phone in around 1 hour 40 minutes.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

The 45W Samsung charger says that it outputs as much current as required by the device.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, make sure fast charging is off & super fast charging is on, don't have both of them on.
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
S21 series does not do 45 watt charging ..max is 25 watt. S20 ultra does 45 watt charging S21 ultra only 25 watt charging Max So even if you plug in the Samsung 45 watt charger in to the S21 ultra it will only charge max 25 watt

Screenshot_20210429-172236_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210429-172349_Samsung Internet.jpg

John19691969
Hotshot
Options
S21 ultra is 25 watt charging max
DianDD
Voyager
Options
What will happen then if I only have super fast charging on but then connect it to my power bank which supports fast charging only, any idea?
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Keep all on makes no difference it will automatically pick up fast and super fast chargeing whatever you use just turn Them all on
0 Likes
DianDD
Voyager
Options
Yeah that's the logic that's why I kept them both on, I only use slow charging on purpose if I do night charge otherwise I want as fastest as possible and that's what it does anyways. If the temperature eventually gets high it starts slowing down until it cools down then speeds ups again, however I don't usually use my phone while charging it :smiling-face:
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I've found my 45W charger charges it slightly slower but not actually timed it whilst on. I recently did my 25W charge time whilst on and it took around 1h 5m from 1 to 100%.

I'll be sure to time my 45W charger with it on my next charge.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Well I just completed my full charge with my 45W charger whilst on and it turns out it took just under 1h 9m.
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
45 watt changer will only do 25 watts on the S21 ultra as the S21 series does not do 45 watt charging so testing both Samsung 25 and 45 watt chargers on any S21 phone will be about the same give or take a few mins ..the is no point buying the 45 watt charger for the S21 range
0 Likes