Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE Won't Connect To My Network Drive

(Topic created on: 19-12-2020 08:23 PM)
Nakatomi
Student
Options

I have just got the S20 FE on Vodafone and I have a unused Crucial 128GB SSD attached to my router via a USB to SATA cable I have it mapped under my Windows 10 install and it works fine, I used to use a Huawei P20 Pro and it's network neighbourhood I could see the drive and log in via Anonymous as I haven't set a user name or password to it. It would open up the drive fine and I could take and add things to it the drive is using my routers SAMBA file sharing feature but I have tried to use my S20 FE to do the same thing.

I have downloaded the network add on for my files and it actually sees the drive I use but it will not log in Anonymous at all and because I don't have a password on my windows 10 account it goes straight to the desktop, I can't set one to the drive and the FE just won't connect to it

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you connect it to your PC My files should work fine. Or perhaps there is an option in My Files to manually input the IP address of the drive.
0 Likes
Nakatomi
Student
Options

I input the IP address I even copy the entire address of the mapped drive that shows up in my SAMBA file sharing info panel in my router options but it just instantly says "Can't Connect"

Montana
Student
Options

I have the same issue with my S10

0 Likes
Pamzss
Pioneer
Options

Hi same with me Im trying s20 ultra but no luck. Tried p20 and m5 huawei products and it works.

I tried port 445,443,80 no luck 

0 Likes