Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10E Bluetooth causes apps to constantly refresh

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 01:25 PM)
VsUK
Journeyman
Options

I currently use the Samsung S10E, with Android Version 11. My phone hasn't been rooted or modified in any way, because the phones just that ***** good. 

Anyways, I've never really been a bluetooth user. But as of a year ago, I've been using more & more my bluetooth. I use my bluetooth headphones when at the gym, as well as the smart watch to track my heart rate. And also the NHS track & trace which requires bluetooth to be on. 

Long story short. I've noticed my apps would rendomly refresh when using. I've narrowed it down to Bluetooth. When it's on, my apps would refresh randomly every few minutes. When I'm using facebook, it jumps me back to the top of my news feeds. If I'm trying to type, it closes keyboard. If I'm watching a video, it backs out of playing the video. It's on practically every app I use & it stops when I turn off Bluetooth. 

I've cleared bluetooth cache & nothing changed. It's really REALLY annoying. So, I need help trying to fix it. I googled & someone else has the same problem with the S10 phone & he installed an app to monitor bluetooth connections & he logged 67 diconnects & reconnects in the space of 1 hour & every time it did, it caused whatever app he had open to refresh. Which was how I found out it was Bluetooth & to try turning it off. 

So I need help on trying to fix this.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clear the phone system cache and if that doesn't work, back up your data and factory reset the phone, as the problem may be due to a third-party app 🙂.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try restarting the phone in safe mode and let us know what happens. My thoughts are it's an app problem if it works fine with BT. If it doesn't, it sounds like a faulty Bluetooth module or connection.
VsUK
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I couldn't really run my phone in safe mode because I have important apps on I use for work that won't work in safe mode. And I've been using the apps long before this problem started, which started after the last update to my knowledge to the OS. 

But I have noticed something. My Bluetooth is enabled & the icon is displayed at the top next to my WIFI signal & so forth. However, my apps all refresh when that icon disappears from the notification bar at the top. And then a minute later, it reappears, which again forces all my apps to refresh. 

So I'm assuming, when my Bluetooth connects to something, it shows the icon, when it disconnects, it disappears. So how can I check or monitor what it connects to & disconnects to all the time? Because it's happening constantly every 5 minutes or so. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@VsUK: Next time the issue occurs you could try heading to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > Bluetooth Control History, and check here to see if any apps are enabling Bluetooth. If there are, head to Settings > Apps > Select the relevant app > Permissions, and disable any Bluetooth related permissions to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
VsUK
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for quick reply. It just did it & I went to Bluetooth History & there's only 4 apps shown that's  enabled my bluetooth & the only apps that show are apps that enable bluetooth when I open them & they show the correct dates & times when I last used & not at any other times. 

I have however unchacked sync with Samsung Cloud, Music Share & Ringtone Sync as these were all enabled. So I'll see if there's any improvement. 

0 Likes
VsUK
Journeyman
Options

Just to update. I found out it was GloryFit App for my budget smart watch by Xiaomi. Even when I have the app on deep sleep unless I'm using it, it will still connect & disconnect to my smart watch & it's that process that caused all my apps to refresh that I had open at the time it connected & disconnected. To fix this, I just have to turn off the smart watch when I wasn't using it. As I only use it when at the gym. 

But the strange thing is, it doesn't update the connection history when it connects & disconnects.

mrose
First Poster
Options

I know this is old, but THANK YOU for being sure to update this when you found a fix. I had this issue with my S10+ and thought for over a year that it was just something wrong with my phone. I was so excited to get the S21 ultra so I could use Bluetooth again. It worked fine at first until I moved everything from my old phone-including my cheap smart watch and app. I've been searching for months for a fix. You have saved my life in just a few seconds. Lol it's been such a pain not being able to use this, I never thought to exclude my phone type and just search the issue itself. Haha I just wanted to be sure to thank you. Hopefully someone else will run across this if they also had this issue. Finally I can use my Bluetooth headphones again.

0 Likes
VsUK
Journeyman
Options

Hi, not a problem. I've always found it annoying when people post on forums about a problem & then after a few suggested ideas, nothing. They clearly fixed it & don't inform anyone on how they fixed it. So I thought I would post to avoid being a hypocrite lol

Glad it helped. 

MMSAF88
First Poster
Options

I also want to add my thanks, managed to also narrow down the Bluetooth connection via my budget smart watch to fix the problem. But I still wanted to maintain my phones ability to connect via Bluetooth for calls. So I turned on Bluetooth, opened the app and connected my device (watch) through the app instead of through my phones Bluetooth settings. Now my watch and phone are connected and the refreshing has stopped. Thanks everyone!