Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S health app not counting steps on phone

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 09:17 PM)
Catherine_P_83
First Poster
Options

Hi

My s health app has stopped counting my steps on the phone.

Is there any way this can be reset?

I only use the app on my Samsung A50 phone

Hope you can help!! 

41 REPLIES 41
Dhruba
First Poster
Options

Please try rebooting(restarting) your device. I tried everything but to the vain. Then I reinstalled the app one more time and rebooted the device and it has started working again!!

0 Likes
Dhruba
First Poster
Options
Yeah, same problem. Try rebooting your device. It has worked for me and other users too.
0 Likes
CiCi316
First Poster
Options

I did everything suggested above and it is still not counting my steps. Does this app no longer work if I got a google pixel?

sam126
First Poster
Options

Thanks Dhruba

0 Likes
AMDC1
First Poster
Options

My app split my workout into two and missed 8 minutes. Any way to get that back? I have updated the app and reset the phone, so we'll see ... 

Rustyeast
Journeyman
Options

Worked for me thanks. I have the galaxy S5

0 Likes
Zgurkogel
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here too. Only a reboot helps. I've done the steps as suggested by Dave, which I haven't tested yet. 

With so many people reporting the same issue for such a long time, I'd have expected Samsung got their act together and sorted it ages ago.

If anyone at Samsung is reading this: help! 

Christobell
First Poster
Options
I think it has something to do with battery savings. My Samsung Health worked perfectly well until I responded to a messag saying optimise battery ussage. Then it stopped counting steps but I haven't been able to find out how to reverse it! Does anyone have any suggestions?
0 Likes
Rustyeast
Journeyman
Options

I have made the adjustments, will see how they go. Thanks.

0 Likes
Rustyeast
Journeyman
Options

Have done this as well as Dave!s suggestion for power management. Will be interesting to see if it now counts more steps. At present it counts about a quarter of the steps counted by Fitbit.