Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish

(Topic created on: 27-04-2021 07:06 AM)
esoxian
Journeyman
Options
Having recently been contacted by samsung members and advised to get a new s21 I went ahead and purchased the s21+ 5g. I am a long time samsung user and have quite a lot of their tech in my household. First I tried to redeem the buds offer but was told that my purchase was outside the qualifying period, so I tried to redeem the Google play offer only to be told the same thing about that promotion. Too late for one too early for the other! I contacted customer service about this as I was not happy that they had guided me into a purchase in a 3 week period between promotions. Only to be told nothing could be done as I hadn't purchased on an eligible date. I really am not happy about this and am currently reassessing my Samsung loyalty. My TV was due for upgrade and I have just ordered an LG instead of a samsung and I think the rest of my tech will go the same way.
10 REPLIES 10
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sorry to hear you are unhappy @esoxian  and  understand it is frustrating  , however it really is advisable   to check on promotions   as well as details about new Devices before purchasing.   Does the S21  itself meet your  expectations or not?

Obviously it is up to every customer to decide  but I am not sure it is best basis  for changing  brands unless there were other issues.   However  obviously it is your prerogative.   As far as mobile go obviously  there  will be a few options in the future  but LG  have stopped making new smart phones.  https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/lg-has-officially-quit-making-phones-heres-whats-next#:~:text=LG%2... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
esoxian
Journeyman
Options
There are several other smartphone brands I am currently looking at. The reason I have decided to go for the lg television is because I have been looking for a while and although it continued to out perform the samsung tvs I was worried about compatability with my other samsung devices. Well that won't be a problem any more will it?
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Same thing happened to me when I bought my galaxy s10 plus in 2019, my brother bought the s10 after me and he received free gift (galaxy watch active ) but I did not
esoxian
Journeyman
Options
Oh this is not the first promotion that I have missed either. But this time it has really wound me up. Especially the unhelpful attitude from "customer services" on the phone.
0 Likes
esoxian
Journeyman
Options
Here are the 4 samsung phones currently in my household. I upgrade every year and pass my old phones to my family. All going to be replaced in the very near future. Not to mention the 3 samsung TV's, the washing machine and the hoover. Oh and the picture was taken on one of 3 samsung tablets in the house!

20210426_192603_1539.jpg

0 Likes
esoxian
Journeyman
Options
All going because I have had enough of samsungs poor attitude to their long term customer.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
TBH It's not really Samsungs fault if you didn't educate yourself in the promotions, especially being a long time user you should have been aware how they work.
Still it's your choice and there are lot of other options.
But Samsung still does the best offers imho.
esoxian
Journeyman
Options
It's not the promotion tbh It's the crappy we couldn't care less attitude from samsung and as I said above It's not the first time.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Who contacted you? Nobody can directly contact and advise you to buy a new phone. Adverts in an app can be ignored if you are happy with the tech you already have. I guess you will be more wary of promotional information from now on.