Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

re another update WHAT NOW!

(Topic created on: 21-11-2022 02:43 PM)
Pangolin
Explorer
Options

I now can't transfer my photos' & videos to my pc....!!  It was quite simple prior to the (yet another) new update within days.  I just connected to PC with usb and cud choose what to transfer to PC.   THis is really wasting time.

I guess theyre pushing a Google play app.

I am soooo fed up with Samsung.  I guess I'll hve to go to Youtube for any answers. 

Perhaps time has come - looking for a new NOT SAMSUNG phone.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Can you give more specific details such as what device model you own, the device you are attempting to transfer them to, what updates you're referring to? Did you download them from an app store or are they system updates? What happens when you connect your phone to a PC currently? Nothing or something else? You can choose what the USB connection is meant to do (such as file transfers, charging only etc) in the notifications panel when you connect it to your PC.

Just to be clear you're not forced to update apps if you don't want to. Also Samsung wouldn't be pushing a Google Play app at you, however they most certainly would push a Galaxy Store app to you though, however most are just updates to pre installed Samsung software anyway so a lot of the time it's worth updating to keep your phone fresh. But again you don't need to download any app or updates if you don't want to, you can usually check to see what changes an update will bring before downloading it, if you're not sure you can always ask and I'm sure someone would be happy to explain. System security updates though you really should download.
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Your pc will normally ask as a security procedure if you want to view files on the pc or just use it for power, it's normally a bubble notification near the clock when you first plug it in, it's not umcommon to get a notification on your phone too.
0 Likes
Pangolin
Explorer
Options

Firstly thank you for your response to my query.

I have a Galaxy A71.  My PC is an MS Op 10.

Just to reiterate that I’ve had both devices for some time & only since latest update (query Poss 2 latest), am I unable to load my photo’s to Pc without any problem.  What happens when I attach via usb to Pc  = NOTHING.    Yes I know that I can choose whether to load or recharge etc. As I said I’ve used this phone & pc for a LONG TIME. This is why I’m contacting Samsung = because its not behaving as it has b4.

Altho hve bluetooth enabled on both devices, they no longer connect it seems. I hve followed troubleshooter which cannot find any problems.

I hve disabled on the A71 automatic download, however it has still loaded updates without my ‘assistance’ . I hve not visited the google store to update.

Of course I am aware of security.

As users we of course cannot predict how updates to software will perform or whether we’d PREFER to keep our previous edition of any one piece of software. Perhaps Samsung shd consider allowing the user to ‘roll back’ if we are unhappy with the latest. I am v. unhappy with the new NOTES ….its overly complex I’d prefer the previous edition.

Also, can I say that & I know I don’t spk only for myself ,

Software companies appear not to understand that we do not want to be our own IT support. We don’t hve time! Samsung is obviously not the only company;

This current problem is a case in point. Its very time consuming.  .

0 Likes
Pangolin
Explorer
Options

Hi thks for yr imput but as I say I've been using both devices for a long time and the reason I'm contacting Samsung is because it isn't connecting since the new updates. I've done all the chks & troubleshooted. but thks again

0 Likes
Solution
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Hi and no worries, for the most part these are community forums. If you want a direct answer from a samsung (erm) tech and your using the samsung members application I'd suggest backing out of these forums and at the bottom (right) of the screen you should see a support icon,

Scroll down a little in that section and you should see 'ask a question' if you add as much information into the ask a question box including but not limited to what steps you've taken a samsung staff member should reply albeit it may take a few days.

Alternatively you could use the 'error report' section again add as much detail as possible and give it a little while to generate a error report / system diagnosis this will allow the tech to view your system logs for any errors.

Sorry I can't be more help and I wish you the best of luck.

I hope you get it sorted!
0 Likes
Solution
Pangolin
Explorer
Options

sorry this is late (incredibly late) - thanks for your response which is really helpful.

0 Likes