Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw Call Log data files

(Topic created on: 29-05-2021 03:37 PM)
BrodieMacleod
Apprentice
Options
I'm trying to find the Call Log back up folder using File Explorer on Windows 10 inside a Smart Switch back up, or by using USB C and my PC.

Does anyone know how to extract the folder which specifically contains the Call Log which is transferred by Smart Switch during a back up, or where this is located within a completed back up, or where this data is stored in the phones native files? 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You will need root access and be familiar with SQLite databases to access and make any sense of the data. If you were hoping for just a list, there isn't one.
BrodieMacleod
Apprentice
Options
I'm quite happy with the data as it is without it being processed into content that's legible/readable - for what I require it for it's fine for third parties to translate the information back into the context of phone call history - just trying to locate the raw data file path.. are call logs written in SQL code within Samsung TouchWiz/One UI Home then?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Without root access, you won't find the file path. There's no connection with One UI which is essentially a launcher. I am rusty on this so perhaps taking a look over at xda developers would help.
I think the big hurdle you are up against is gaining root access as I don't think this is possible any more due to locked bootloader. Of course, you then have loss of warranty and security issues if rooted. 

BrodieMacleod
Apprentice
Options
The calls from the handset and two others are being redirected due to a malicious program. This sounds a bit preposterous, but something similar to a root and a rom as well as manipulation of the radio frequency are causing this. There's several video's on the internet of this happening on an S8, S6 and A21s. This is why I'm trying to get written confirmation of how the data should be accessible, so I can then show it doesn't corolate, and demonstrate that the calls are hacked.
0 Likes