Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question For Anyone Who has the Android 11 Update Regarding Edge Lighting

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 02:44 PM)
Unknown007
Explorer
Options

I have a question for you. I am having similar problems after the U3 update with alot of issues. One issue is the Edge lighting. I came across this video on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8XEMj7PldA&ab_channel=GarTech

If you look around 1.50 second mark there is an option in which the person changes the app colour for notifications of his edge lighting. However, i do not have that update of changing the colour since the new update, can you check yours settings to see if you can change your colour through the apps like the person in the video?

22 REPLIES 22
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you have Good Lock installed?
0 Likes
Unknown007
Explorer
Options
Yes I have it. Always had it. I opened it up and Alot apps are not on there. Not sure why. Even the edge lighting app is not there and I couldn't find it anywhere even in the store or any search bars
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
you have it, its under notification, then brief popup settings then ended lighting hope that helps

Screenshot_20201205-143015_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-143021_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-143008_Settings.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
notification then brief pop up settings then you see Edge lighting settings
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
there you go

Screenshot_20201205-143015_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-143021_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-143008_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
pictures are in reverse order
0 Likes
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options

They removed edge lighting from a lot off apps as before  Samsung music use to flash the edge lighting when playing music but now doesn't anymore 🙄

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
it could be that the edge lighting needs updating, some app developers need time to work out what part of the app needs updating as they are a little slow adapting any changes due to ui 3. even though they have enough time.
Unknown007
Explorer
Options
@r1cky13 - yes they have removed the edge lighting from everywhere.
@Anonymous User - thanks for that. But this is not the issue. I can use the edge lighting but I cannot assign a colour to an individual app like before. It does not allow me to do so therefore I can only choose one colour for everything
@nowdeleted - do you have the edge lighting app in goodlook. I can't find it anywhere. Although the edge lighting works for me with one colour so it must be somewhere
0 Likes