1. Contact names are not recognised by autocorrect.
2. Handwriting: Often while writing on the screen I have to move to the next line due to a lock of space. However, the keyboard interprets this as 'Enter'. I think it would be far more useful to require that the 'Enter' button be explicitly clicked for a new line. Please consider changing this.
3. T9 autocorrect: T9 autocorrect is heavily biased towards the first alphabets on the string of buttons pressed even if the resulting word is not frequqently used. E.g., when I press 4, it registers as 'G' and not 'I'. Please fix.
4. T9 does not always autocorrect: Sometimes, e.g. in the Google search bar, autocorrect does not work by design. This is still fine since I expect it and can use Swipe to override that. In the worst case, I can press a key multiple times until the correct alphabet is registered. However, there are times when autocorrect will abruptly stop working e.g. in WhatsApp where even the multiple key presses don't work as expected. E.g. 44 will register as 'Gg', not 'I'. Please fix.
5. Handwriting: The old handwriting keyboard had pen strokes that you could use to correct mistakes such as strike out alphabets or whole words, include spaces or new lines etc. Please bring this back. I understand that recognition is better now but our handwriting still isn't and being able to correct mistakes easily without searching for the Backspace key would be nice. This would also solve point 1.
I prefer the Samsung keyboard because Google doesn't have T9. Also, the other shortcuts to translate, Samsung Pass etc are nice to have.