Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems restoring secure folder backup on Note 9

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 07:31 AM)
joelkim
Student
Options

Hello,

Last time I made a backup of my secure folder was when I had my old phone about 7 months ago, recently I tried to restore that backup on my Note 9 and I keep getting the warning that an error has occured and that some files were lost in the process. It doesn't let me do anything else. I was looking into manually download the backup on pc to extract the files, but that seems to be impossible. Would appreciate some help on this.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Simba
Student
Options

I'm facing the same problem.  No solution so far

joelkim
Student
Options

I've spoken to a customer service guy for my country region and he wasn't very helpful to say the least. He wasn't aware that you can actually go into the secure folder and try to manually restore it, but stated that it is not possible to do so for security reasons. This makes no sense for me because I have access to the account that uploaded the files because I am the owner, how can the owner and controller of the account not have access to the backup? More so, how may I not download the backup manually from the website or access the files online separately like the synced gallery, calendar, etc. It's very concerning that this doesn't have a solution...

0 Likes
FaisalSuleman
First Poster
Options

Hi

I factory reset my phone and got the same issue. Even after its 100% downloaded, it gives this error. What i did was the following:

1: made sure it downloaded 100% (this error occurred after it was 100%)

2: went to secure folder settings

3: uninstalled secure folder

4: while uninstalling, it will ask to move data out of folder, click yes

5: the data will be restored to internal storage 

6: re-setup secure folder and move data back

I hope it will help you

0 Likes