Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Private Share unknown number

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 06:04 PM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

There is no way I can manage to configure the Private Share App on my new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. It kreeps telling me that my phone number, MSISDN, is not recogniced from my SIM card.

I have sendt a support request to my mobile carrier. Answer from them is that Samsung confirms that Private Share is compatible with their services, but no number is supplied for SIM card. I have seene som suggestions to update SIM number with a iPhone, but surley Samsung can not expect customers to buy a iPhone to Get a Samsung App to work?

so now I’m stuck.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
at the moment this app works in USA. I don't understand why... Hopefully soon working everywhere
0 Likes
David_1960
Pioneer
Options
Why does Samsung introduce a facility such as Private Share as a firmware update on International devices if it does not work with certain providers. In the UK, BT Mobile is one such provider which is unable to offer a solution.
0 Likes
Solution
David_1960
Pioneer
Options
New update today fixes problem with number not being read from SIM card.
0 Likes
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

Tested and working. Only drawback with this fix is that VoLTE have to be enabled, not only for registration but all the time Private Share is being used.

0 Likes
David_1960
Pioneer
Options
Actually, after turning VoLTE off in Mobile Networks settings I was still able to send a file. Might only need VoLTE enabled to setup Private Share in that case.
0 Likes
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

Tried this once more, and for me it’s not working when I turn of VoLTE. Turning it on again, working again.

0 Likes
David_1960
Pioneer
Options
This is strange. I've just tried again with success.

Screenshot_20210323-203503_Call settings.jpg

0 Likes