Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text makes no sense since the latest software update for my A21s

(Topic created on: 18-04-2021 06:54 PM)
JoeMolloy
Apprentice
Options

Hi, since the latest software update for my A21s, the predictive text is a nightmare. It mostly offers made up words and I have to type by writing one letter at a time. Any suggestions as to how I can reset this to the last version of predictive text, or is anyone else having this problem too?

Thanks

Joe

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for that. Do you have a more updated version of the software? You can check this by heading to: Settings > Software update > Download and install. Next, please reset the keyboard to default settings. To do this, follow these steps: Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard Settings > Reset to default settings. Predictive text will need to be re-enabled and to do this, follow the steps below: Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-Screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Smart Typing > Predictive Text > Toggle on. If this doesn't help, go to: Settings > Apps > 3 dots on top-right > System apps > Samsung Keyboard > Storage > Clear data, and restart the phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
JoeMolloy
Apprentice
Options

Hi Carl, before reading your message I read somewhere to try holding "down volume" and "power" the phone reset and predictive text is back to normal

Thanks for your help

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarlH
Options

Hi @JoeMolloy. Which Android version are you running please? You can find this in Settings > About phone > Software information. 

0 Likes
JoeMolloy
Apprentice
Options

Hi Carl. I'm now running version 10

Thanks

Joe

0 Likes
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for that. Do you have a more updated version of the software? You can check this by heading to: Settings > Software update > Download and install. Next, please reset the keyboard to default settings. To do this, follow these steps: Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard Settings > Reset to default settings. Predictive text will need to be re-enabled and to do this, follow the steps below: Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-Screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Smart Typing > Predictive Text > Toggle on. If this doesn't help, go to: Settings > Apps > 3 dots on top-right > System apps > Samsung Keyboard > Storage > Clear data, and restart the phone.

0 Likes
Solution
JoeMolloy
Apprentice
Options

Hi Carl, before reading your message I read somewhere to try holding "down volume" and "power" the phone reset and predictive text is back to normal

Thanks for your help

0 Likes