Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please unlock APTX ADAPTIVE!

(Topic created on: 04-03-2023 08:31 PM)
Members_LPszwhP
Apprentice
Options

We finally got a Qualcomm chip in Europe but still no support for APTX Adaptive. 

So it's not possible to listen to HD audio on my 1500 euro phone? And the proprietary codec of Samsung is useless as Samsung does not have or sell high quality headsets (ear buds don't count) 

So why Samsung, why? 

6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why not suggest the idea in the Feedback section on the Samsung Members App for the consideration of the development team
0 Likes
Members_LPszwhP
Apprentice
Options

Already did that. No response

Members_LPszwhP
Apprentice
Options

So this is the reply from Samsung:

"Supported codecs are decided by samsung internal policy. We are considering that the codec is tightly dependent on chipset. If so, it is difficult to support it because samsung uses a number of chipset."

So what they say is basically that it is due to the chipset which is funny as the aptx codecs are feom Qualcomm and the chip in the S23 is, wait for it, from Qualcomm... 

Members_rzks4hs
First Poster
Options

I am shocked to find out my 1600 euro Galaxy S23 Ultra does not support APTX adaptive while other way cheaper phones support it. It is ridiculous! 

portoparasas
First Poster
Options

Just bought S24 Ultra, just for Qualcomm CPU with aptX Adaptive support, which, it seems, this 1800 Eur phone doesn't have! JEESUS! What a nonsense. SAMSUNG, please activate aptX Adaptive! Otherwise I will have to search for other brands, that do not do this nonsense.

SzymonSebMalecki
Explorer
Options
I tried messaging them on their UK marketing page on Facebook, leaving comments in every AD that I can see for S24 Ultra, and they replied back once. Every single time my phone receives a new update, I keep checking if I can finally see it (I owned Bose QuietComfort Ultras for a couple of months they just received 1.6.7 update today). The best I can do on my brand new flagship phone is AAC!! Why?? The reason why I upgraded from S22 Ultra with Exynos 2200 series for the latest Snapdragon CPU, hoping that I can finally use my BT5.3 QuietComfort Ultras without having to use my Creative BT-5 APTX-Adaptive dongle which seems to be the only way for me. I can't see a single reason why there is no support added for Snapdragon Variants it's a software thing. You can really fix it with a single update, Samsung. I had the phone since day one, and it was by far the biggest dissapppointments of this phone. https://www.qualcomm.com/products/mobile/snapdragon/smartphones/snapdragon-8-series-mobile-platforms... can someone from Samsung explain it to us? It's a listed Codec in Snapdragon product brief. I even tried asking that at the Samsung Experience Store at Westfield London whilst awaiting the delivery of my brand new phone, and your employees clearly keep it a secret. I think that more Tech youtubers should start discussing this.