Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring Micro SD card slot back to new model

(Topic created on: 18-02-2023 12:20 PM)
Kevin Lin
Student
Options

Hi Samsung,

Could you please consider bringing back the micro SD card slot in the future release of the Galaxy phone S24 or Note series?
I am currently using Note 20 256G. I wish to buy a mobile phone with sd card slot and s pen. We kindly request that you take this into consideration and implement the change if possible.

Kind Regards

39 REPLIES 39
Dominico
Apprentice
Options
I agree with this it's a huge step back to take the card out. We can put photos etc on the card and if its irreversibly damaged at least the photos are saved. I can only think it'd a cynical way to sell the larger capacity phones I guess
PLiyan
Apprentice
Options
I stopped using the MicroSD cards, almost 10 years ago, when they started ramdomly failing. I prefer cloud storage, it's way better
Apnomis
Apprentice
Options
It won't happen as they have a deal with Microsoft to push OneDrive. I eventually conceded defeat after getting Office 365 and to be fair it's actually pretty good to have your phone photos synced with your laptop and other devices automatically. I decided to get the S23 Ultra with the double storage offer because 512gb is more than my S20+ with 128gb plus a 256gb SD card which still had plenty of space left anyway after 3 years and LOT'S of photos and videos...
0 Likes
T457
Pioneer
Options
Just buy the 1tb version no need for micro sd card or use otg
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
They won't be bringing it back
0 Likes
Dominico
Apprentice
Options
When your phone fails you lose it all. On an sd card you don't.
T457
Pioneer
Options
Sd cards also go corrupt or fail
0 Likes
Dominico
Apprentice
Options
Cheap ones. If the card fails it's on the phone so no problem buy a new one. Never had a card fail to be fair.
T457
Pioneer
Options
Back it up to a portable harddrive because they wont bring it back
0 Likes