Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone screen locks when making phone call

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 09:37 PM)
Tex Elam
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem another poster described. When I make a phone call on my Tab A7 Lite, after dialing the number, the screen locks, with message on the screen "double tap to unlock." When you double tap, the screen unlocks and then relocks 3 seconds later. Makes it impossible to do anything on the phone call like changing the volume or anything else. I have rebooted several times, the software is completely up to date, and I cannot find anything in the settings that addresses this. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try going settings
Display
Screen timeout
Ajust time
2 mins
0 Likes
Tex Elam
First Poster
Options

This does not solve the problem. I actually set the display timeout to 5 minutes before this problem cropped up. It does not appear to be a screen timeout issue. The 5-minute timeout I have set works just fine where any other function except making a phone call on the phone is concerned. The problem is making a phone call. After dialing the number, the screen locks, no matter what screen timeout is set.

0 Likes
AZ_Retiree
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite that I set up as a phone for a sight and hearing impaired client. He does not have the dexterity to unlock the screen during the call quickly enough to select numeric menu options for calling health facilities, insurance, or to get services.  Isn't this a violation of ADA for my friend?

0 Likes
RobUsc
First Poster
Options
I am also having a similar problem the phone locks during the phone call. So when I am requested to press a number on the virtual keypad I have to go through the procedure of unlocking the phone with my PIN by the time I have done that the automated system I am engaging with on the call has moved on and ignores my input especially frustrating when I am offered call back if stuck in a queue
0 Likes
ramachandrans20
First Poster
Options

I guess that all of us are having the problem and it is annoying. I bought the Samsung A7 Lite a week back after assessing so many other tabs - and I chose this mainly because of its ability to use as a phone (other tabs have speakers, but no earpiece to be used as a phone). Hence this was the only differentiating factor. But I realised it an hour after I bought it that it gets locked 3 secs after I dial a number. Searching the internet for answers, none so far. There were plenty others better than this (with 4GB / 64 GB dual sim + mem card) yet I bought this ONLY for this feature despite it being 3GB/32GB single sim.

0 Likes