What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone screen goes dark in 30 seconds after connection

(Topic created on: 18-08-2020 05:27 PM)
Options

After I dial a number my S-20+, the screen will go black in about 30 seconds. Sometimes if I hit the side button it comes back- sometimes not. It's rather a pain in the caboose if I need to bring the keypad up in a hurry. Is there a way to set it so it stays on the entire phone call?? I've checked the "settings" area and cannot locate any setting to fix the issue. Thank you. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Alucard007
First Poster
Options
if there's something strange in your neighbourhood who u gonna call?
0 Likes
Options

Hopefully someone who knows how to fix this issue... 😁

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@GHOST_HUNTER_VIRGINA: I recommend going to Settings > Display > Screen Timeout, and increasing the time it takes for the screen to turn off while idle (maximum is 10 minutes). If you're on a call then the proximity sensor will kick in when you raise the phone to your ear to prevent accidental button presses, but the screen should switch back on when you lower the device. 

ryukariotu
Voyager
Options
I thought the maximum was 30 minutes
0 Likes
Options

Thank you. I will give this a try. My old S9+ never had the issue. If I tap the power button lightly, most of the time it comes back up. It's just a pain if you need to hit a key on a call to transfer, etc. Again thanks! 

0 Likes
Options

Oh, if you use the speaker a lot like I do, is there a way around this proximity sensor? (I didn't even knew it had one! 😄

0 Likes