Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: Samsung is killing core functions in Samsung Health. Make your voice heard!

(Topic created on: 21-07-2020 01:03 PM)
OverWatcher
Pioneer
Options

Samsung Health is an amazing application, both on our beloved Galaxy Phones and Galaxy Smartwatches. However, Samsung intends to terminate core functions in S Health app:

• Weight management
  • Calorie / food logging
  • Caffeine logging

These changes will come into effect within a month with update v6.11. All data relating to these functions will be deleted.

Similarly, your Galaxy Smartwatch will no longer show or log these features with a new Smartwatch update v4.1.

There are already posts on this topic in this community where people have raised their discontent, but also in other languages and parts of the world. This thread is to voice our opinion.

Samsung Health app without Weight, Calorie logging and Caffeine logging is nothing more than a fancy step-counter. Weight and calorie intake are the core foundation in health.

If you appreciate the Health App and the integration in your phone and smartwatch, consider placing a brief message in this thread.

Let Samsung know that this is the wrong decision and that you care.

Make your voice heard!

46 REPLIES 46
Adam020
First Poster
Options

This app used to be so great. On the s6 active it was the default for what is now wasted as the Bixby button. Just found the weight management feature and dropped 20lbs. Now this. Hell it be one thing if they were weaning people onto a paid app, but there doesn't seem to be a replacement.

Gecko9mm
First Poster
Options

This stupid change single-handedly killed interest in using their app.  What's the point of tracking what I eat or workouts if I can't see how the two interact?  Its useless.  Now I have a trendier looking fitbit.  What the hell is wrong with Samsung?

Techbart
First Poster
Options

Not sure if it's just in Sweden, but can anyone else confirm if calorie tracking is still available for update 6.11.0.061? 

I still have it after updating to that version, and reluctant to get a Galaxy Watch 3 if it's gonna get killed off in the next update...

0 Likes
Treborius
First Poster
Options

Well, I am shoping for a new watch and it its not going to be samsung.  Been using samsung phones, tablet, and watches for years.  

Not sure why Samsung took this path, but its my reason for using the health tracker and samsung watch.     

Side note,  anyone know of a good replacement app and / or watch? 

zippyioa
Explorer
Options

That's the reason I decided to ditch Samsung after MANY years loyal custom.

I've just gone from the a Galaxy Watch to a Garmin Fenix 6X Pro. I'm using it with the Android Garmin Connect app which logs everything except food, so I'm using My fitness Pal (non-premium) as it syncs perfectly with Garmin Connect.

It's only been a week or so, and I'm already VERY happy with my switch. Garmin offer a much more detailed snapshot of your health and fitness.... Samsung's offering is more like a Fisher Price kids toy. I'm really not missing it!

Samsung have totally messed up their approach as far as I'm concerned. 

Removing exisiting features that paying customers have come to rely on is appaling, but combine that with what can only be classed as a mediocre "flagship" devices with scarily eye watering prices! (FYI Samsung, Exynos is not acceptable in the UK when others get the more powerful Snapdragon at the same price!)

I WAS planing on ordering a Note 20 Ultra (to upgrade my Note 9), the new buds live to upgrade my original Galaxy Buds and a Galaxy Watch 3 to upgrade my Galaxy Watch..... Instead I'm left feeling ditched by Samsung so I've already bought a Garmin Fenix 6X Pro watch and I'm planning on buying a Xiaomi Note 10 pro or possibly a OnePlus.

Samsung you need to be less greedy (lower prices) ,go backt to truly innovative products AND rethink your customer loyalty or you'll lose all your! customers best customers!

0 Likes
skaosch
Pioneer
Options

There is a fantastic word for what Samsung is doing with the app in German. Its called "verschlimmbessern". Google it Samsung guys.

And the Watch3 pre marketing and previews said ECG and blood pressure. The reality says maybe in 2021 in Germany. WTF?

Naomi27
Student
Options
Bring back the weight management feature you absolute plebs!!!!

The ONE thing that made this app great was the ability to monitor calorie deficit and you've removed it. Stupid move! If people didn't want the feature they didn't have to have it in their set up, why on earth remove it for all those who were using it????
nestoraherrera
First Poster
Options

I have been a loyal over the years. I cannot understand why the will take out such an important part of the app.

Really looks like they dont care about their customers any more.

I will have to uninstall the app and my next phone wont be a samsung, thats for sure. 

JEriksson
Student
Options

I would like to add myself to this petition. I have just written a post why I believe this is a tremendous mistake by Samsung from a dietitian's experience. 

I hope Samsung can understand that this decision was a mistake, that they have the courage to listen to the end-users and that they reinstate the features in the app.

Thank you.

Pwacanada
Student
Options

Dear Samsung,

Deprecating useful features that differentiate you from your competitors is bad for business.

The Samsung Health app is originally what convinced me to buy a Samsung S7, Gear Fit, Gear Fit 2, and recently a Galaxy Watch.

Without a well designed Samsung Health app, I have no loyalty to these hardware devices and will likely go elsewhere when it's time to upgrade. My lost LTV to you would be about $50,000 over the remainder of my life, not including the value of data or any big ticket purchases that I might have chosen Samsung for (appliances, TV). 

I'm one consumer. There are more who feel the same. Is this decision worth losing that revenue?