Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: Samsung is killing core functions in Samsung Health. Make your voice heard!

(Topic created on: 19-08-2020 02:01 PM)
OverWatcher
Pioneer
Options

Samsung Health is an amazing application, both on our beloved Galaxy Phones and Galaxy Smartwatches. However, Samsung intends to terminate core functions in S Health app:

• Weight management
  • Calorie / food logging
  • Caffeine logging

These changes will come into effect within a month with update v6.11. All data relating to these functions will be deleted.

Similarly, your Galaxy Smartwatch will no longer show or log these features with a new Smartwatch update v4.1.

There are already posts on this topic in this community where people have raised their discontent, but also in other languages and parts of the world. This thread is to voice our opinion.

Samsung Health app without Weight, Calorie logging and Caffeine logging is nothing more than a fancy step-counter. Weight and calorie intake are the core foundation in health.

If you appreciate the Health App and the integration in your phone and smartwatch, consider placing a brief message in this thread.

Let Samsung know that this is the wrong decision and that you care.

Make your voice heard!

46 REPLIES 46
Pwacanada
Student
Options

The features disappeared here in Canada without notice. Germany was probably the only country where disclosure was required.

This is a poor decision, Samsung. Health is what convinced me to buy my first S7, later a Gear Fit, Gear Fit 2, Pro, and Galaxy Watch.

Without Health, I have no loyalty to the hardware. It's good, but it's not THAT good. So the LTV you would have earned from me over the remainder of my life is gone. Probably $50,000 or so, not including the value of data or big ticket items like appliances I might have bought with your mobile ecosystem as the gateway.

SeisKyo
First Poster
Options

It's just disappointing and saddening to See this change. It's infuriating that Samsung doesn't even bother to explain this step.

I found this feature a couple of months back and it helped me lose 6kgs so far. A friend of mine lost more than 10kgs since I introduced this feature to him and it sparked a new love with his Galaxy Watch. I just placed an order for the Galaxy Watch 3 and as much as I like the design seeing how existing functionality ist being gutted leaves me with fear I might lose more features in the future and my order for the Galaxy Watch 3 will be cancelled.

The same friend I mentioned earlier has already scouted for alternatives and apparantly Garmin + My Fitness Pal ist the way to go. Since Samsung doesn't seem to want to listen to its customer base, I'll probably have to go that route, too.

To all people in this thread, I suggest you reward Samsung with a review of their gutted app in the playstore and uninstall it. Perhaps that'll wake them up.

ImpatientGnome
Journeyman
Options

I couldn't agree more. It is the best word to describe this insanity from Samsung. German is a perfect language for compound words I believe.

0 Likes
ImpatientGnome
Journeyman
Options

I couldn't agree more. We buy a lot of Samsung products. We have our main house, a summer house in France and I have an apartment in Brussels. All of them have Samsung TVs (in main house and summer house we have three and two of those). We have washing machines, monitors and phones. I see no reason to pay this if Samsung has dropped and become just another Chinese brand. 

Sorry Samsung. When you break your eco system, you break my trust. 

0 Likes
ImpatientGnome
Journeyman
Options

I'll ask again - Samsung, what the hell were you thinking??

0 Likes
Impalass
First Poster
Options

I totally agree. If Samsung is taking away calorie, caffeine,  weight tracking then I will have to switch to Apple and throw the Galaxy watch in the  trash. All of these features  is important to me and I need to track them daily.   

0 Likes
Wharncliffeowl
Pioneer
Options
Stupid decision. Weight management is vital. Bring it back now!
0 Likes
kalelarga
First Poster
Options

Sorry Samsung I don't understand this decision.  If you take something from your customer what working properly and customer pay for it , you should at least offer free alternative solution. Please bring back this function or solve your potential problem with it and make update.

0 Likes
Bigbaldiebloke
First Poster
Options

A crazy decision by a business that normally shines. People will simply move to alternative products. No third party apps for the watch fill the gap. 

0 Likes
Maggie6
First Poster
Options

So disappointing that they would remove this - bad move on Samsung's part!  Bring it back.

0 Likes