Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organising Samsung Notes

(Topic created on: 07-12-2020 06:42 PM)
SBnoteultra
Journeyman
Options

Hello, this is my first post on the forum. I've recently bought a Note 20 Ultra 5G, and I love it. It's now functioning as my main personal device outside of work, and hooked up to a monitor via DeX it's doing a fine job. I've moved my notes from Notability on my old iPhone and some from OneNote into Samsung Notes. 

My question is, is there any way to stop notes filed away in a folder from appearing in the 'All Notes' section? 

I have journal entries and some personal things, which I'd love to keep in Samsung Notes, but only when I tap into that folder. Not to appear inbetween my everyday notes. Is this possible? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
DillTheKrill
Apprentice
Options

Yes it's possible!

In the All Notes section, long hold the note you want to keep secret. Once there's a checkmark in the top left of the note, there should be a Lock button at the bottom of the screen. You can lock the note with a password and that will keep the note secure. It also hides the preview in the All Notes section so people can't see what's on it without opening it.

SBnoteultra
Journeyman
Options
thanks. I think that'll do the job. remembering a password for each will be a bit of a hassle but better than nothing!

samsung, if you're watching, can each folder and subfolder have a check box in them to say 'display contents in all notes?' - thatd make management even easier
0 Likes