Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open multiple apps from bixby routine in split screen mode

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 02:22 PM)
mb2706
Pioneer
Options

Is it possible to open more than one app using a bixby routine, and to push it further open them in split screen mode?

What I'm trying to do is open my shopping list and supermarket scanning app when I arrive there, I can pair the 2 apps on the edge panel but can't see them in the app list in bixby routines.  If not is there an alternative that will allow this?

8 REPLIES 8
DxMaster
First Poster
Options
looking for the same solution.
RobbieFrancis83
Student
Options

I have also been looking at finding a solution for this . I would like it to open up a split screen of Zap-Map charging stations and Spotify when connecting to my electric car bluetooth.

I have been in contact with Samsung via Twitter DMs and they have pointed me to the Community pages. 

0 Likes
mb2706
Pioneer
Options

I think I've managed it, these are the steps I did to achieve this:

Create a new routine 

On the if screen select a place, when I arrive

On the then screen go down to run quick command

Set up a new quick command

Instruction 1 open app (in my case to do)

Instruction 2 split screen app 2 (in my case smart shop)

Verify by pressing run, the first app opens full screen but when the second command runs it opens the second app and splits the 2

I won't know how automated it is until I next go shopping on Friday but see no reason why this shouldn't work

PhDRadical
First Poster
Options

Great help.  Thanks.  I was trying to do it with a Bixby Routine.

0 Likes
Joe2211
First Poster
Options

Hi! This was immensely helpful. I'm trying to do a similar thing when I get in the car, I want Google Maps and Google Podcasts to launch automatically. Your steps work perfectly HOWEVER they always open one on top of the other (stacked vertically) rather than side by side (horizontally). Any advice on how to get them to launch side by side as opposed to vertically? I've tried changing my quick command to tell it to open side by side but have had no luck thus far. 

0 Likes
jrh1972
First Poster
Options

You should be able to do this with a touch macro. I'm using one to change the size of the split windows and it's working well.

0 Likes
bigskydolphin
First Poster
Options

Not sure if OP is still looking for an answer to this, but I just googled it and found this thread, then figured out the answer through the routines app anyway.

In case anyone else is looking in 2024 or later, when you are adding an action, go to Apps, and then Open an App Pair.

I am setting up my driving routine and wanted to add YouTube music and Google maps in split screen since Google maps doesn't allow music controls on landscape mode and I think this will be the best work-around until they add that feature!

RobbieFrancis83
Student
Options
Perfect - thank you for the advice. I will take a look and see if this works.
0 Likes