Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneDrive pure rubbish!

(Topic created on: 18-09-2020 05:30 PM)
Maroš
Voyager
Options
Like to give advice to everyone,  turn off photos sync in samsung cloud, use it just for other stuff, for photos or files use dropbox,  much better!
7 REPLIES 7
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
Well,personally I won't be taking your "advice".
Dropbox is renowned in the industry for not being very secure. One drive is a secure Microsoft product and it would appear that Samsung are switching to Microsoft storage and let's face it, why not. Their data centres have decades of development and expertise behind it with exceptional end to end security and encryption.
Dropbox is very expensive and their security floors are notoriously bad making it easy for "hackers" to access your data and with the app installed on either a mobile or desktop device, the security floors in dropbox then leave your network and device/s open to those same hackers too.
I will use one drive for files i wish to store or transfer securely. Samsung cloud for phone settings backup and I will also use Google Drive for sharing and storage of files between friends and colleagues that also have Google drive.
Drop box is a brand name, it's like the "Bose", Apple", "Sonos" and "Beats" brand of the cloud storage industry. It's a known name, but that doesmake it a good name.
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
I'm agree with GreyMatter
Maroš
Voyager
Options
Thanx for honest explenation, agree aswell, just got mixed up, cause once i sync with onedrive, it was all mixed up, photos everywhere not organized...
neonfour
Navigator
Options
it also doesnt make OneDrive a good name either. Personally Samusung Cloud was a s.h.i.t show (still is) so moving to OneDrive got rid of the headache for Samsung as part of their "collab" with Microsoft.

There are other much more suitable cloud providers out there, at much better prices too.
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
you're deviating from the OP somewhat. yes there are numerous cloud service providers. Microsoft are their own entity and Samsung are using the Microsoft one drive service as well as incorporating other Microsoft compatibility.
in terms if End to End encryption and security, Microsoft are still pretty much at the top of the game, as they are with most things I.T related.
Of course there are probably cheaper options, but it depends upon your usage.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There are a variety of cloud options out there and   various providers will have their fans.   However would say I am pretty happy with One Drive and agree that Microsot generally  are held in high regard in terms of security/encryption.  I think though it can be beneficial  to have a few back up options  and I only use Google Drive, have not used DropBox for a while.

Of course to an extent depends on needs and budget.    A review of  the best providers here https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/internet/best-cloud-storage   

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Joytoworld
Student
Options

I use Samsung Notes.  I see no other sync option except for Microsoft.  Please tell me that I'm overlooking something.  I will NOT use Microsoft.