Did you mean: 

Onedrive is taking up space on my Samsung s20fe

(Topic created on: 06-11-2021 01:53 PM)
Monika68
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung S20fe is at capacity.  I have tried to clean it up and when I go to

'my files 

analyse storage I relaise that the 'other' has 88.04 gb.  upon further searching I find that these are all onedrive files which are in the cloud.  I DO NOT have make available offline ticked.  

This is counterintuitive.  why have them in the cloud and then have them taking up space on my phone.  How do I remove them from my phone but keep them in the cloud and reclaim the space.  

thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried using a pc ?? Locate your one onedrive folder and move the files to a different folder. This should free up space as your phone is unable to sync with the files; they will be deleted from your phone, but you will still have them saved.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Monika68 Hello, it is likely that this has happened to you, because you will have activated synchronization of more folders and albums. In the settings of the Gallery / Sync with OneDrive / Albums to sync, you will see if you have options activated such as DICM, Download, ..

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-06 at 14.48.09.jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Monika68
Apprentice
Options

thank you.  unfortunately I was mistaken as I disconnected onedrive and the files are still there.  I am now trying to find out how to get into the 'other' files  

0 Likes
Monika68
Apprentice
Options

thank you @pete007 but it appears I was mistaken and it is not onedrive it is the 'other' folder.  I have disconnected onedrive but the other is still sitting 88gb

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Monika68 Hello, to better see the content and distribution of Storage, go to Device care / Storage the three points above- right / Advanced and you can see better. In Other there are usually system files, applications and backup copies. In Internal storage Apps you can reduce the size of occupied storage, clearing the caches of all apps. Hope it helps you. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes