Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6

(Topic created on: 23-09-2023 08:37 PM)
Tineeyx
Journeyman
Options
Some other people says even with phones that was bought it through providers can join One UI 6 beta program? How true is this?
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Some third party providers like Tesco mobile etc have unlocked phones
Companies like EE, O2, Vodafone, ThreeUK etc have extra software features and network optimisation. So these won't be eligible
Generally going through places like Carfone Warehouse do unlocked phones
0 Likes
keith30
Mastermind
Options
My phone is unlocked with O2 but like most people I can't enroll but I'm not bothered as we all finally get the official full version. They have been reports that some banking apps are effected and some are saying it hasn't.
0 Likes
DavidKot
First Poster
Options
Vodafone and EE don't have have any restrictions to use beta program. I'm using both with no problem
0 Likes
DavidKot
First Poster
Options
Only Google Pay is restricted for Beta versions
0 Likes
detroit7588
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone tell me how to enroll in beta program. Im not getting any link tried alot
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Depends on where you got your phone
0 Likes
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Hi @Glenntech, I am off topic here but can you elaborate on 'network optimisation' in relation to locked phones? I've bought my last few phones directly from Samsung (so are unlocked), and I've used sim-only deals from top tier providers like o2 and Vodafone. Frankly, the mobile data performance has been underwhelming despite living in a city. This is for connectivity and speed. It works enough for me to know it's not a fault. Appreciate there are issues like network contention on cells but it is frustrating if you're in a fairly busy place, and so many others seem to use their phones on the Internet without issues.
Could I be seeing a lack of optimisation because my phone isn't locked to a provider, or am i just suffering from confirmation bias! Cheers.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
They customise phone software to optimise the experience on the their networks.
In short, to enable access to services.
On a basic level, this involves making sure that things like picture messaging, voicemail and internet connections are set up correctly.
On a more advanced level, this is more extensive such as the preloading of app services, but this varies from phone to phone.
I get what you mean about connectivity on SIM only. This is what I do as well.
It can be frustrating on the odd occasion not to get the connection you need.
How much better it is putting that software in, I'm not sure really
But I'm happy not to have the carrier bloat wear, and going fully unlocked
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Thank you. I appreciate your detailed answer, and you've reassured that my phone isn't being throttled because I didn't buy it from a network provider.
Agree that it's nice not to have the carrrier bloatware.
0 Likes