Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutrition information inaccurate

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 05:35 PM)
Aaron_L
First Poster
Options

I have noticed a few food items in the Samsung Health app that have not been accurate.

Awesome Burger by Sweet Earth had a calcium level of 170% rather than 17%.  I emailed FatSecret since I am not a member and that was labeled as the source of the nutritional information and they changed it.  Great.  After a week or so, it synced over to the Samsung Health app fine.  YAY!

However, I also noticed some information (Potassium for one) missing in the "Fat Free Milk (Meijer)" item.  Instead of emailing them again, I just decided to sign up as a member of FatSecret and change it.  I did this 3-4 weeks ago and it still has not carried over. 

20200512 - Fat Free Milk (Meijer).PNG20200512 - Fat Free Milk (Meijer) Samsung Health.PNG

Yes, I know there is other information not accurate.  I ONLY changed the Potassium for now.  Who ever entered it first did not enter the rest (calcium, for example, is important for milk).

Any ideas?  How often does this sync between FatSecret and Samsung Health?  How do you verify you have the right entry on both sides?

The really frustraiting thing about this is that the Samsung Health app does NOT display the Potassium in the Nutritional facts of the item, but in the "Nutrient intake summary," it gives the daily intake.  For me to check if this works, I have to check my current Nutrient intake summary, add the milk to a meal, navigate back to the Nutrient intake summary, and compare the previous number to see if the Potassium is right.  For those of us trying to keep our blood pressure down, the is important.

2 REPLIES 2
Nickh101
Explorer
Options
i just added 250ml of semi skimmed milk which apparently according to the app has ZERO calcium... im no expert but this is very very wrong...

this is a direct quote from the British Dairy Council

100mls of semi–skimmed milk, for example, will provide you with 124mg of calcium, compared to 122mg of calcium per 100mls of whole milk. A 200ml glass of whole, semi–skimmed or skimmed milk are all good sources of calcium.
Mazy123
First Poster
Options
I'm here as I noticed this too. It records the calcium in whole milk, but not semi skimmed. My calcium and potassium is always low so I was heading to Holland & Barret for supplements until I noticed a large mug of hot chocolate with milk added 0 calcium.