Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 dual whatsapp folder not created

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 06:10 AM)
vijay pandian
First Poster
Options

Hi, am using dual messenger option to use two whatsapp account , primary whatsapp working fine, but secondary whatsapp which is dual one is the issue , Data folder of that is not created in storage and i cant able to view images are videos in gallery which  received through that whatsapp. please help me how to fix this , i traied resetting dual messenger and whatsapp as well but no use

38 REPLIES 38
Wealth
First Poster
Options
I can't even log into dual messenger WhatsApp anymore after uninstalling it, thinking it would solve the issue. Says my WhatsApp is outdated and needs the recent version. My main WhatsApp is up to date. Any suggestions are welcomed please. Thank you.
0 Likes
Wealth
First Poster
Options
I have somehow managed to get logged in and sending media again (hopefully it doesn't stop working again). Only thing new I did apart from the clearing cache, restarting phone etc, was deleting and reinstalling my main WhatsApp, then updating it again (like magic there was a new update today). Now my dual messenger WhatsApp works, seen my files and can send media.
0 Likes
AjStar08
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. Is it still working for you? Can you check where the whatsapp media folder is located for the main whatsapp and the dual app whatsapp?

0 Likes
Wealth
First Poster
Options
Hi, I can't find where the media folder is located. I can't even view my media in my gallery anymore. Only through dual WhatsApp. It's all a mess.
0 Likes
AjStar08
Journeyman
Options

Then it is still not working. Thank you!

0 Likes
Wealth
First Poster
Options
Yeah it's not, sorry.
0 Likes
Smartphone
First Poster
Options

same issue here.. I haven't seen any solution from Samsung >> 

0 Likes
skywong
First Poster
Options

I had a same problem 

0 Likes
Lemkova
Student
Options

Both the media folders are merging together. Tried re-installing many times but the issue is not resolved. Samsung is yet to recognise this error. Seems like WhatsApp has created this issue so that people use their secondary app WhatsApp Business. 

0 Likes
AjStar08
Journeyman
Options

It's not perfect, but you can try this workaround to reach to your documents: Open WhatsApp Web or desktop, go to the chat where you have your documents, click on the three dots and then contact info. From there you can view the files and documents and download manually to your computer.

0 Likes