Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No writing sound in Samsung Notes

(Topic created on: 26-12-2022 02:00 PM)
Yukasayshello
Journeyman
Options
I recently updated my Samsung Notes app and ever since then there hasn't been any writing sound whenever I use my S pen. I have a galaxy tab S8 plus and it used to make a writing sound effect when I used the handwriting function but now there's no sound. I've heard that other people have been experiencing this issue as well, is there a fix for this? I tried to uninstall the update and revert the app to its factory settings but that means I couldn't view my notes as they were from the updated version so they weren't compatible with the old version of the app. Will they be fixing this bug? I really hope so as I loved the sound it made and I thought it was a great feature!
19 REPLIES 19
Yukasayshello
Journeyman
Options
Oh how did you do that? Is it on the galaxy store or system updates?
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Did my update via Settings...Security and Privacy...Updates...Security Update
0 Likes
Yukasayshello
Journeyman
Options
Ah I see, I haven't gotten that update yet so fingers crossed it'll work for me!
0 Likes
adham2
Apprentice
Options

i just updated the same update and i lost my sound this is so annoying 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

@Yukasayshello, please let us know when you get the next software update and whether installing this resolves the issue for you.

@adham2, just to confirm, are you no longer hearing the writing sound on the Samsung Notes app after installing the December security update?

0 Likes
adham2
Apprentice
Options

hi, yes after the update my tablet tab s7 fe doesn't make a sound when i write on Samsung notes even though i checked everything from pen sound to sound of the tablet and made sure iam not on dnd 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for confirming that, @adham2. I recommend submitting an Error report, so that our developers can take a closer look at this for you. They will then get back to you as soon as possible with either a solution or more information about the solution (if a general issue is identified here, it is probable that a fix will be incorporated into a future software update).

Here's how you can report this:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes
adham2
Apprentice
Options

i just sent my report, thank you and hopefully this issue is resolved soon 

Yukasayshello
Journeyman
Options
Hi there, can confirm that the latest update did fix the issue so that was awesome, thank you so much! Sorry to hear that it's not working for other people though, I hope they resolve it for them soon too!
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's fantastic, @Yukasayshello. I'm very pleased to hear that the software update resolved this for you. Thanks for keeping us updated. 👍