Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No writing sound in Samsung Notes

(Topic created on: 24-12-2022 05:17 PM)
Yukasayshello
Journeyman
Options
I recently updated my Samsung Notes app and ever since then there hasn't been any writing sound whenever I use my S pen. I have a galaxy tab S8 plus and it used to make a writing sound effect when I used the handwriting function but now there's no sound. I've heard that other people have been experiencing this issue as well, is there a fix for this? I tried to uninstall the update and revert the app to its factory settings but that means I couldn't view my notes as they were from the updated version so they weren't compatible with the old version of the app. Will they be fixing this bug? I really hope so as I loved the sound it made and I thought it was a great feature!
19 REPLIES 19
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Yukasayshello. Please can you follow these steps to see if you can get the S Pen sound effects back when using the app on your Tab S8+?:

Open Settings > Advanced features > S Pen > More S Pen settings > ensure that Sound is toggled to On. Please also ensure that you have your volume turned up.

Please update the thread and let me know whether you can now hear the S Pen sound when it's interacting with your tablet.

0 Likes
Yukasayshello
Journeyman
Options
I have done so and I also have touch and sound interactions on. It's only after I update that I cannot hear it so I'm pretty sure this is a bug on the app
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see, @Yukasayshello. Do you happen to have Do not disturb switched on on your tablet?

If you do, I recommend creating an exception for Touch sounds. If you do have the feature switched on, the article below should assist you in creating the exception:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-do-not-disturb-feature/

0 Likes
Yukasayshello
Journeyman
Options
No I do not have that on. There's just no sound when I use my s pen to write in notes
Yukasayshello
Journeyman
Options
When I write om the handwriting to text box it makes the writing sound but I want to write on my notes in my own handwriting and there's no sound when I do that
Robin999
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the S8 tab ultra and also experience no sound when writing even though the sound setting is on. I do hear a very quiet sounding click when removing and attaching the s pen but it is very quiet. I also have the S22 ultra and the writing sound is there and very audible. Do the phone and tablet have different releases of Samsung Notes I wonder.
0 Likes
Yukasayshello
Journeyman
Options
I'm not too sure but if it can work on the phone I really hope they fix it so there's sound when I write on my tablet with my s pen as I really like that feature when I'm using samsung notes, it doesn't work on any other apps
0 Likes
Robin999
Troubleshooter
Options
Agreed. I have noticed that the writing sound does occur when writing on the screen.
0 Likes
Robin999
Troubleshooter
Options
Update: Just installed December 2022 security update and writing sound is now back to normal on Samsung Notes.
0 Likes