Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Onedrive

(Topic created on: 27-02-2021 10:47 AM)
CaptainLedge
Student
Options

I have a Samsung Android phone because I despise Microsoft. Now some genius at Samsung is trying to force a switch to OneDrive to back up some of my phone info.

I don't need my WORK computers synced with my phone. I don't want all my devices connected. When I leave work I don't want my work "stuff" on any of my other devices and I don't need all my wife's contacts from her work on my phone. If I delete any of this huge clusterf*** of info on my phone it deletes it from her phone and her work computer This has been so mishandled that all my wife's work email addresses and phone numbers are on ALL my stuff and vice versa.

Please dear God in the name of all that is decent and holy, stop this madness. It has brought me to the point that I'm ready to abandon all technology because of how complicated it has made my life.

Does anyone from Samsung even care?

5 REPLIES 5
Andy3
Voyager
Options
to stop this sign you wife out of youre Samsung account or turn off sync and back up on her device. if you don't want to use one drive then find another cloud based company you can back up to. such as Google drive but you will need to pay Google to use Google drive if your backups are more than a total of 15gb!
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
I have a Samsung phone and I'm not using one drive, I deleted one drive as soon as I set up the phone. there is no problem or anyone forcing me to use it.
you probably didn't know Samsung has been partnering with Microsoft more and more over the last few years otherwise you would have bought a different phone if you despise Microsoft that much..
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I bought 5 years worth of Microsoft 365 family (the max amount of years you can apparently stack) because I found it being sold in Argos for 39.99 for a year. I was paying 7.99 a month for the single user one at the time. So at less than half the price I got a bit carried away. But now all the family have 1tb backup. So I'd keep a look out on argos if your wanting cloud storage, cheap with multiple accounts each 1tb (max 6 people).
0 Likes
CaptainLedge
Student
Options

and there in lies the problem. Neither one of us have ever signed in to the others account on any of our devices. Not our phones, not on a tablet and definately not from the computers we use at our jobs.

We've been through everything we can find and turned it off and the problem still persist. I have no need of her work email addresses but there they are. She has no need of all the numbers from my cell phone on any of her work devices but there they are.

It's become overwhelming.  I have developed a true hatred for all this technology.

Joytoworld
Student
Options

I purchased a new Samsung Note 20.  The appealing part was the stylus and the fact you could write your own notes. I wasn't aware that Samsung was going to expect us to use Microsoft cloud services exclusively.  I didn't know anything about this when I ordered the phone.   I use my own cloud services. 

The specific issue is Samsung Notes.  As far as I can see, there is only one sync option, Microsoft cloud services, so I'll have to abandon use of Samsung Notes.  If it won't syncronize with my other devices without Microsoft as the only option, that absoultely STINKS!   Please, someone tell me I'm wrong.  I'll have nothing to do with Microsoft.