Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS email not authorised on Samsung EmailmApp

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 06:03 PM)
Ozzi
Explorer
Options
Samsung email app is brilliant for generic emails. However for official email accounts like nhs.net, it asks for authorisation because apparently the app is not authorised as approved application. Anybody got any fixes or ideas as to why might that be?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Vybz
Pioneer
Options
You're better off using the outlook app for nhs.net. works great for me
Ozzi
Explorer
Options
Thank you for the reply! I'm using it already but I can't print directly from outlook to a wireless printer on the network. I have to forward emails to Samsung email to print them. Never had this issue with iPhone email client app.
0 Likes
Vybz
Pioneer
Options
I just checked my outlook app as well and can't do it either. Sorry I can't be of any more help
0 Likes
Bezbozny
Explorer
Options
Same problem here... any update?
0 Likes
BuzzITRS
Apprentice
Options
This isn't a Samsung issue, more an NHSMail issue. They haven't (probably won't) support the Samsung Email app. I'v managed to get round this by using IMAP for a while, but the switch off is coming and it will require NHSMail to 'approve' the Samsung Email app within the NHSMail Microsoft 365 Tenant.

It's slightly annoying as they have allowed Apple's native mail client.
Ozzi
Explorer
Options
I utterly agree with you that this could be an NHSmail issue. Samsung should be a bit more proactive in clearing up these nuisances created by third parties limiting the use of their services/apps. Nonetheless, appreciate your reply thanks matey
0 Likes
BuzzITRS
Apprentice
Options
No worries at all! I'm a Local NHSMail Admin, but trying to get central NHSMail to allow Samsung Email to connect to the Microsoft Tenant is a challenge! It basically boils down to the fact that Samsung Email asks for the permission to 'access and read mailbox content'... well, without it, it cant access the emails anyway 😄... but NHSMail wont allow it. Not yet anyway. But I wont give up.
Bezbozny
Explorer
Options
The issue has now been fixed. On s23 and samsung mail version 6.1.90.16 it works fine.
0 Likes