Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS App availability

(Topic created on: 30-05-2021 08:10 PM)
Janetmac44
Student
Options

I have just tried to download the NHS App on my Samsung S9 but get a message telling me the app isnot available in this country.  What do I have to do to fix this?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Janetmac44: Where did you purchase the Galaxy S9 from? It may be the case that it was intended for use outside the UK, which can create compatibility issues with some apps and features in this region. 

0 Likes
George1988
Voyager
Options
Hi @Janetmac44. Please go to your Google Play Account (picture) , then choose settings, then general, then account preferences and make sure that the country is United Kingdom. Hope that will resolve the issue 😊
Janetmac44
Student
Options

Google account did indeed think that I was still living in the USA (I moved back to the UK in 2010!).  I changed that but am still unable to access the NHS app.  Any other thoughts?

George1988
Voyager
Options
As AndrewL mentioned on his comment, if you have bought your phone outside the UK, you really would have issues installing the app. In this case you either have to download the app as APK file form a website or use a VPN app that will make your smartphone as you live in the UK.
sampal
First Poster
Options
Similar issue . I moved from Dubai to uk . Now I cannot change country in play store . I have downloaded vpn app and entered uk card in there . But no help