What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update is a joke! s20 Ultra 5g

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 03:51 PM)
Options
So since having the one ui3 upgrade (android 11)... I can't change my theme, my font keeps going funny, I can't use contact less pay its honestly so annoying plus! My battery is drained without me even using it, when I go to download or update anything it comes up with this error code and then another error code comes up saying not enough space or theres another one that says the connection for the download has been lost so I then restart my phone and I have to do this everytine I want to download something. I've also done a factory reset aswell which hasn't made a blind bit of difference if I new this update was gonna be a absolute shitshow I defo wouldn't of done it, if anyone has any tips or anything it would be much appreciated ♡
11 REPLIES 11
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
The FE is in a state also, apps/battery/contactless fine, just can't get a signal lol
0 Likes
Options
it seems like there is so much aggro with this new update its ridiculous and I can't even uninstall the update and go back 🤣😂
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
With the current update it will take a couple of days for your battery to be stable and work properly. Regarding the other issues cited I would advise you clear the phone cache by doing the following... Connect the 🎧 headphone that came with the phone or use the data cable and connect to a computer, turn off the phone and long press on the volume up button and the power/bixby button(for the note 20 ultra). The s-series, it's volume up, bixby button and power button all at the same time. And there you can clear the cache partition. I think this might help as I had same issues with mine. But not a guarantee that it is going to work but worth the try.
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Would also advise if you don't know what that is... Get someone who knows how to get that work and have it done for you. So you don't end up resetting/wiping your phone off its data and restoring it to factory settings
0 Likes
Options
hey Michael thankyou so much I did this and it still hasn't worked don't quite know what on earth is going on, it's just so annoying I can't download anything without the phone being restarted x
0 Likes
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
I have the update on the s20+

I do not experience any of the problems you have.
I suggest using Samsung smart switch where you can backup and created needed space in order to do the update successfully
0 Likes
Options
I've backed all the essential stuff needed I've also done a factory reset and still if I want to download a theme I have to restart the phone then go straight to the themes and download then once downloaded to try out the theme to see if I like it or not I then have to turn the phone off again to see what it looks like.. its just pure aggravation and I don't no what on earth is going on
0 Likes
samb79
Apprentice
Options
I've lost wi fi calling completely since downloading the latest update on my Samsung s20 , nobody can seem to help . so annoyed!
0 Likes
GalaxyMac
Journeyman
Options
Have you tried turning the phone off and then restarting with the SIM card tray removed. Wait for the phone to fully reboot and then put the tray and SIM back in. it worked for me. Unfortunately I have to use that method everytime I reboot otherwise I lose wifi calling again.