Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New s20 app opening by itself

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 03:03 PM)
SarahJCC
Journeyman
Options

Got a new Samsung S20 FE and did the smart switch, great app! However, when I close all apps and lock the screen, it will open either gallery or messages by itself. It is also doing this when I open random apps, there's no pattern to it, just very random. Very frustrating as I don't know how to fix it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

15 REPLIES 15
SarahJCC
Journeyman
Options
Hi, it does seem to have helped for now. I'm still in disbelief that it's completely fixed but again, so far, so good.
0 Likes
NS20FE
Journeyman
Options

I asked for help from the Samsung live chat. They gave me three solutions.

First solution: They told me to run the safe mode and check that still there is a problem occur. And I did it, sadly the problem is still living in the safe mode also.

Second solution: clear the Cheche data of frequently opening apps and > forced stop.

It looks meaningless cuz, I'm daily using those apps. Therefore, I can't do that daily.

Third Solution: Make the backup of your phone, and the factory reset the device.

0 Likes
SarahJCC
Journeyman
Options
yes they told me all of this as well and it didn't work however the latest system update seems to have done the trick.
0 Likes
NS20FE
Journeyman
Options

really good to know. I'll try... Let's see.😊

NS20FE
Journeyman
Options

As you said, it has looked good so far. I hope that the new software (Android 11, One UI 3.O) update has been taken care of that.

Jroc
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem (01/04/2020). My software version is to date.  Nearly every time I unlock my phone an app is open. This is entirely random. As best as I can recall, I have had the camera, Shazam, Google Home, and Samsung Pay randomly open. Samsung pay has a lock screen access feature that I turned off. Still, that does not account for the other apps randomly opening.    

0 Likes