Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New s20 app opening by itself

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 07:26 PM)
SarahJCC
Journeyman
Options

Got a new Samsung S20 FE and did the smart switch, great app! However, when I close all apps and lock the screen, it will open either gallery or messages by itself. It is also doing this when I open random apps, there's no pattern to it, just very random. Very frustrating as I don't know how to fix it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

15 REPLIES 15
llMikeyBll
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, does anyone have any solutions yet?

AndrewL
Options

@SarahJCC: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy S20 FE. Do you have Lock Screen Shortcuts set up for the Gallery and Messages app? To check, head to Settings > Lock Screen > Shortcuts, and look at the Left and Right Shortcut options. If the shortcuts are in place then please try disabling the feature via the switch at the top of the screen, or choose some different shortcuts, to see if the issue persists.

if the above isn't applicable, please try restarting your phone in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the issue is stemming from an external source. if you notice an improvement, restart the phone as you would normally, and delete any apps you have installed on the device prior to the issue occurring. Sadly it isn't possible to tell which app is responsible, therefore please approach this using a process of elimination.

To access Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode > With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off. 

0 Likes
NS20FE
Journeyman
Options

Same issue. Plz, help. 😑 

will software update, able to fix it? (android 11, One UI 3.O)

0 Likes
SarahJCC
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your advice, I have tried all the above to no avail. I have just received notification there is an update so I am in the process of downloading etc. many thanks
0 Likes
NS20FE
Journeyman
Options

did you install the new update?

0 Likes
SarahJCC
Journeyman
Options
I just have and not sure if it's worked yet.
0 Likes
SarahJCC
Journeyman
Options
so far so good, only time will tell! tell me something though, do you have a Samsung watch of some description? it seems this is the offending app causing the glitch on mine as I uninstalled it and it stopped happening. re installed and it started again.
0 Likes
SarahJCC
Journeyman
Options
hi again Andrew, I found the gear sport app, galaxy Wear? is/was the app causing the issue. however I have done the latest update and so far so good. only time will tell if it's fixed it.
0 Likes
NS20FE
Journeyman
Options

I'm not using any other device with my mobile phone( Samsung accessories, watch..) I'll uninstall the app and test it again. did you notice any progress after the software update?

0 Likes