Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "N" Icon Has Appeared

(Topic created on: 09-05-2022 07:14 PM)
Mont1169
First Poster
Options

Hi All, can anyone tell me what the N icon in orange circle is that has appeared on my phone (as in pic).  Screenshot N Icon.jpg

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
DannyT
Options
Hey, @Mont1169 .

This basically means 'New Functions'. This allows you to easily see what new functions/features have been installed with the updates!

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
RikM
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20200605-215845_Phone.jpg

Hi

I get the 'n' notification all the time. When I click on it to see it shows there are no new functions.  Also appears when I've closed all apps. Any help? Already restarted phone. Thanks

0 Likes
salanne
First Poster
Options

Hi.  I have had exactly the same problem for months now..  Did you manage to solve it. 

0 Likes
RikM
Journeyman
Options
mines just went after update. I tried everything.
0 Likes
RomanIurev
First Poster
Options

If still relevant, tap three dots with "n", scroll down to "about app" and find that there is an update for it ready to install. thats what n means

0 Likes
Mdros
First Poster
Options

I am still seeing the N in the gallery app under "about app", there is no option to install any updates. The only options are permissions, privacy policy, and open source licenses. How do you turn off this "feature" so you never see the N again?

0 Likes
Members_wNES4yi
First Poster
Options

Hi, I think this means notices,, I went into samsung galaxy themes whole logged into my account and clicked the hamburger icon then scrolled down to notices and clicked it and viewed the highlighted notice and then the icon disappeared. 

0 Likes
HSurka
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue with Samsung Internet. The solution - Settings -> 'About Samsung Internet' -> 'Open source licenses'.

0 Likes
Terry Jayson
First Poster
Options

Tap on the three dots and go to settings then scroll down and tap on about to see if you have an update available. If there is an update tap on it to install and that will be solved

0 Likes