Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS Drives on smart TV

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 04:49 PM)
Corinthian
First Poster
Options

I hope someone can help me. I did see a similar post to mine. My 50" Samsung smart TV is connected to a network where I have a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive. This is used to store films and home videos. Since I purchased the TV in March everything has worked fine and the NAS drive showed up on the TV as a source. By selecting this source I can view my videos.

Yesterday the NAS drive stopped appearing as a source on the TV and therefore I cannot access the videos on the TV. The NAS drive is still visible on my laptop and smartphone/tablet, so I'm confused as to why this has happened. The problem can only be with the Samsung TV as the NAS works with everything else. Anyone have an idea what has happened?

8 REPLIES 8
JKbossman
Student
Options
yoooo
0 Likes
JKbossman
Student
Options
hii
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unplug the TV for a minute or so and try again.
0 Likes
Muhmin
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I am facing the same issue.

Did you find a resolve to this issue?

0 Likes
GibberGee
Student
Options

Same here - I have a Seagate 2-Bay NAS and 2 Samsung TV's using newer software, and 2 using older software. The ones using the newer software still recognise the NAS. The newer ones don't recognise the NAS at all. Netflix and Prime work fine though!

0 Likes
esper704
First Poster
Options

Did you find a fix? I have same problem.

0 Likes
Olo02
First Poster
Options

Interesting, it worked for few minutes and it disappeared 

0 Likes
Preston33154
First Poster
Options

I’ve the exact same problem. The NAS has been there for 2y and just disappeared! I wish someone from Samsung would lend their expertise in the matter.