Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved my pictures to the SD card, now they're out of order in certain apps

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 12:14 AM)
Kaitlyn_
First Poster
Options

I was losing space on my phone(a Samsung Galaxy A20), so I moved my pictures to the SD card. Now, when I open the media sharing option in social media apps like Discord and Snapchat, they appear out of order. They appear normally in the Gallery app and I can share them to those apps from the gallery, but they're out of order for some reason when I open the gallery within the apps. I tried sorting by date in My Files, but it did nothing. What should I do?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
That always happens, nothing you can do. I've been moving tens of thousands of pictures and videos from phone to sd card in my galaxy phones for the last 8 yrs or so and that's always been the case.
I assume its because when they are transfered, they don't get moved in order of date, or size or the metric that you intent to sort your images into. But when its sorted for viewing from within an app, it displays them in the order they were transfered in, which is most likely optimised by the file system for maximum transfer speeds.
0 Likes
KittyJade16
First Poster
Options

Do you know how to fix the issue? Because the same thing just happened to me.. I thought I just messed up somewhere along the lines, but I guess this is an actual issue Samsung users have.

0 Likes