Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion photos show differently in googole photo app

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 09:17 AM)
reelikav
Apprentice
Options

Hi there! I recently got samsung s22 ultra and was exited about the motion photo option. For a few days it was all OK, but then suddenly they appear differently when using google photo app - they are way longer, like short video clips and they keep playing over and over again (in samsung gallery they are like normal short motion pics). What could have happened? an update to camera or google photo app?... Its very annoying, i just want that barely moving motion, not a video clip and another even more annoying thing is the  sound which i cant disable ....

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

When you take a motion photo, the video and sound is embedded in the photo. The Gallery app suppresses the sound and only shows the motion.

When you store the photo in Google Photos, Google Photos will play the video without any filtering.

Unfortunate, that it keeps playing over and over. I suggest that you check with Google if this looping can be stopped.

In the Gallery app, you can export a motion photo as video. When you do that, it also has sound.

0 Likes
reelikav
Apprentice
Options

Hi there. Thanks for this specific reply. These kind of things should all be optional, i think...

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

The implementation of motion photos can vary based on the phone manufacturer. Features/tricks (sometimes proprietary) implemented by one app may not be available in apps from other vendors. So exact feature match will never happen, until it becomes a common standard or something.

Google photos supports motion photos, but their implementation, indeed needs some improvement. :smiling-face:

0 Likes