Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morning Music Bixby Routine

(Topic created on: 27-10-2022 06:27 PM)
Paulo Renato
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I own a S22 Ultra and I have setup a Bixby Routine to Play music from the YouTube Music app at a certain time... It worked perfectly for a long time but a few weeks ago it stopped working, I changed nothing but it doesn't play music anymore.

I used it as an Alarm to wake me up so, this bug is not good...

I have made some tests and realized that if the phone is not active (meaning it's on normal standby with the screen turned off) the Routine will trigger, the YouTube Music app will be started but no music is played... I know the app started because when I unlock the phone the YouTube Music app is opened.

If I have the screen on while I'm using the phone, the routine will trigger, the app will start and music starts playing.

So the issue here is if the screen of the phone isn't unlocked, for some reason music isn't played despite the phone turning on the app anyway like it's instructed...

Can you look at this? Is there some work around?

Thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Paulo Renato: Please can you try heading to Settings > Lock screen > Widgets > Music > On > Bixby Routines > On. No head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits, and check the Sleeping or Deep sleeping apps section to make sure that YouTube Music isn't assigned to either of these folders. Furthermore, head to Settings > Apps > YouTube Music > Remove permissions if app is unused (Off) > Battery > Unrestricted > Appear on top > Allow permission (toggle this option on). 

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Paulo Renato
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,

I did the first thing on your list and before doing the rest I decided to test if it worked and it did...

I tested it again 1 minute later and it went back to not working 😕

I then did all the things you suggested I did and then tried the routine again several times and didn't work any of them, still the same issue, the Routine Triggers because when I unlock the phone the Youtube Music app is opened but no music...

This is very strange specially since the first time I tried after only turning On the Modes & Routines on the Lock Screen Widgets settings (the Music thing was already On) it played the music. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Paulo Renato:Am I right in assuming that your Bixby Routine is set up to open YouTube Music at a certain time? If so, it might be worth checking the YouTube Music app itself to see if there is an auto play feature that can be enabled/disabled, just in case the issue lies with the app settings themselves? 

Alternatively, please try enabling 'Open YouTube Music' as well as selecting YouTube Music in the 'Play Music' option, to see if this makes a difference. 

0 Likes
Paulo Renato
Apprentice
Options

Hi again Andrew,

your assumption is correct, I determine a time and at that time the action is: "Open Youtube Music App" and then "Play Music - Youtube Music"

I went to check on the YTMusic app and the "Allow external devices to start playback" was already turned On and that's the only thing I see in the app that might relate to this.

I tried now editing the Routine to just open youtube music app... and it does it but still doesn't paly anything... I tried just the "Play Music - Youtube Music" command but that does nothing, doesn't even open youtube music.

I also went back to the original routine like I describe above and still nothing, it only opens Youtube Music App but it doesn't play music... Now it doesn't do it even if I have the phone on like it used to do, it only opens the app 😕

I really don't understand what's happening...

I now went to try to do the same Routine but using Spotify instead and it does the exact same thing... If I have the Open App: Spotify and then Play Music Spotify, it opens the app but doesn't play anything...
If I only have the "Play Music - Spotify" (without the Open app instruction first) it doesn't do anything...

So it's not just a Youtube Music issue... it just opens the app if I tell the routine to do it but it doesn't play any music if instructed to do so or not...

0 Likes
tpck
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem,let me know if you solve it
0 Likes