Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mom's S10+ didn't receive an update since March '21

(Topic created on: 03-06-2021 09:19 AM)
SnoopDoge
Student
Options

the last ever update was the March security update, and since then every time i check for new one, it keep showing it's the latest version installed, i tried wiping cache and connecting to smart switch, to no avail (mom is refusing to do factory reset) model number is SM-G975F/DS

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Maybe it's now on quarterly updates as it's two generations old. Make sure the Google Play System Update is applied and she should be fine. You'll find that under Biometrics and Security.Screenshot_20210603-100335_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
SnoopDoge
Student
Options

i don't think it's on quarterly updates, as checking Samsung website and other Samsung related websites, it's still eligible for monthly update, as a matter-of-fact May update is rolling to it now

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Sometimes they pull or delay updates for technical reasons though. If it's being rolled out now give it another fortnight
0 Likes
SnoopDoge
Student
Options

I've given updates 4 fortnights and missed April and probably May as well, soon gonna be 5 fortnights without any updates

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Well open a ticket with Samsung then and ask them directly what is going on. Factory reset won't help for this
0 Likes
SnoopDoge
Student
Options

i'm sorry, but my phone is not Samsung, how do i open tickets?

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Use your Mom's via the Members app or you should be able to open one on the Samsung support website, substitute uk for your region of course https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
SnoopDoge
Student
Options

after i talked with them, turns out the March update was actually the last update

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Last ever or most recent? Either way, the phone will still get Google Play system updates every month until Android 11 is end of life. That will be a few years yet
0 Likes