Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Mobile data always active'

(Topic created on: 19-06-2022 09:52 PM)
mun_96
Pioneer
Options

In developer settings, I can see I have mobile data always active on by default. If I turn it off, can I save battery life and also any obvious cons if I turn this setting off?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can turn off mobile data on the pull down menu.
Unless you understand what each function entails in the developers options, it's best to leave it alone.
Turning off data will of course affect apps and services on the phone.
You of course won't get notifications etc, unless you are connected to WiFi
You may have to put some apps to sleep, as they will be constantly trying to connect to a data network to update. Apps like Facebook, twitter etc
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
If you are on PAYG then turning off Mobile data is the first thing you really want to do with a phone anyway. Only turn it on as and when you really need to via the dropdown like Glenntech says above.
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I have two routines on my phone,
The first one turns off mobile data when I'm connected to WiFi,
The second one turns it on if my WiFi signal drops to two bars or under.

I've left the developer option as is (default).

Not sure how much battery it actually saves in the long run but even if its a tiny bit it's worth it lol.Screenshot_20220620-113532_Bixby Routines.jpgScreenshot_20220620-113516_Bixby Routines.jpg
mun_96
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for this, I have set up same routines now. On your mobile in developer options, is the default option 'keep mobile data always active' off or on? Some threads day by default it should be off but on mine the default setting is keeping it active?
KevP79
Voyager
Options
No worries glad I could help,

I don't really mess with the developer options, I have in the past to disable Bluetooth absolute volume or make the animations/transitions a little faster but I don't even bother with that now lol.

Mine is enabled by default,
If your unsure if you activated it or not I would of thought disabling the developer menu would revert the setting back to stock/default (I think anyway)

Enjoy your day :smiling-face:
Screenshot_20220620-121613_Settings.jpg