Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Members: update address

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 06:13 PM)
jaimew22
Student
Options

hello,

I am having an issue whilst trying to enter a competition in the Samsung members app. Whenever I go to enter it autofills my information but with my old address, and there is no way of changing these details. I have literally tried everything in the app, on my amsung account etc and can't find any way of changing my address, what's even more frustrating is I can not find where this information is stored as anywhere I can find an address I have the correct one inputted.

I have called Samsung account support but they just said they can't change my members address and to call the members team, which I did and they are not currently working. So basically I have no idea how to update my address associated with my members account. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really don't understand how something this simple is proving to be so difficult!

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jaimew22 

Have you tried deleting your Samsung account and then re-adding it with the correct details? You can do this on the Samsung website here.

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
RobertCop
First Poster
Options

Same here!?!

0 Likes
Daspursman
First Poster
Options

I've got same problem. Customer support connected remotely to my mobile & couldn't solve it. They gave me phone number for accounts department and they couldn't solve it. They said they would send report to technical department who would call me in 24 - 48 hours. That was 8 days ago & I haven't been contacted. If you want accounts phone number let me know.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Have you tried to reach our Accounts Team directly, @Daspursman ? You should be able to contact them by filling this form: https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/ticket/createQuestionTicket.do

0 Likes
jaimew22
Student
Options

Hey Chris,

I did think about doing that but I don't want to lose my back up data as I have it across a few devices and would be a challenge to update it again. Surely there should be a way to correct this without doing that? 

Also TesM I tried using that link previously to contact he team but when I do I just keep getting bad request and the page won't load

0 Likes
Daspursman
First Poster
Options

Hi Tess m, as stated in my post, I was given accounts team direct phone number, which I still have. They couldn't solve the problem & said they would escalate it to the tech team who were supposed to call me within 48 hours. 8 days later I still haven't had a call.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Sorry for the misunderstanding, @Daspursman. If you didn't get the call please contact the Account Team so they can chase this for you. 

0 Likes
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options

I have the same issue.

It's so frustrating. Why can't we change it. My address is correct on my samsung account but on my members it is a very old address from over 5 years ago.

Does this go against gdpr as I do not want them to hold on to a very old address and I'm not able to change it. Many others are saying samsung support can not correct this either so isnt that against gdpr as they are therefore keeping data against our wishes?

0 Likes
Mijnschoen
First Poster
Options
Same problem here.
Therefore unable to register for the promised promo.

Samsung, please help us out here!