Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medication recording/reminder

(Topic created on: 08-06-2020 05:46 PM)
petermbenglish
First Poster
Options

Anybody else like me on routine medication? (In my case, a statin and a blood pressure tablet.) Do you find yourself trying to remember if you'd taken your medication this morning? Or was that memory from yesterday - after all, you do it every day. Except when you forget.

When entering your blood pressure in Samsung Health it asks if you've taken your medication, so I assumed there'd be a part of the app that would act as a reminder and process for recording that you've taken your medication.

Apparently there isn't.

So I've downloaded a third-party app (Medisafe) to do this - to remind you when it's time to take your routine medication, and to record when medication is taken.

Perhaps this could be something for a future iteration of Samsung Health?

2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@petermbenglish wrote:

Anybody else like me on routine medication? (In my case, a statin and a blood pressure tablet.) Do you find yourself trying to remember if you'd taken your medication this morning? Or was that memory from yesterday - after all, you do it every day. Except when you forget.

When entering your blood pressure in Samsung Health it asks if you've taken your medication, so I assumed there'd be a part of the app that would act as a reminder and process for recording that you've taken your medication.

Apparently there isn't.

So I've downloaded a third-party app (Medisafe) to do this - to remind you when it's time to take your routine medication, and to record when medication is taken.

Perhaps this could be something for a future iteration of Samsung Health?

@petermbenglish Personally do not have a problem remembering to take medication, though realise for others it may be an issue.  Hopefully this is something Samsung Health can take on Board, though obviously there are workarounds.

As far as the Medisafe app goes should work fine, though notice that the interactions section is only suitable for the U.S

medisafeapp.com/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
kedare
First Poster
Options

I agree I also feel that it is missing.

I was on Apple iPhone/Watch/Health before and there was this feature that was quite nice, I do miss it on Samsung Health.

0 Likes