Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Camera Screen On S8+

(Topic created on: 22-07-2020 01:27 PM)
JoesPlace
Journeyman
Options

I take many candid photod with my s8+.

Is there an app or a process to keep the rear camera open so that it doesnt switch to standby or accidentally switch to front camera? I ofter shoot with the phone in a backpack pocket or shirt pocket, and somethines the screen bumps against the inside of the pocket and switches to selfie without me knowing it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

On my s9 theres interaction control do you have that?

Interaction control might help. After you turn on this feature, you hold volume up and power for 2-4 seconds and can select to block access to the screen

Settings>accessibility>interaction and dexterity>interaction control.

Setting i changed: 

Lock when deactivated (turning off this feature locks your screen)

In the area to select what section of the screen to block theres options, the volume key is the only feature you would need to take pictures in this mode. And Block whole screen.

Hope this helps

Screenshot_20200722-053502_Accessibility.jpg

20200722_053932.jpg

20200722_054138.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

On my s9 theres interaction control do you have that?

Interaction control might help. After you turn on this feature, you hold volume up and power for 2-4 seconds and can select to block access to the screen

Settings>accessibility>interaction and dexterity>interaction control.

Setting i changed: 

Lock when deactivated (turning off this feature locks your screen)

In the area to select what section of the screen to block theres options, the volume key is the only feature you would need to take pictures in this mode. And Block whole screen.

Hope this helps

Screenshot_20200722-053502_Accessibility.jpg

20200722_053932.jpg

20200722_054138.jpg

0 Likes
JoesPlace
Journeyman
Options

That was PERFECT Je655. I never knew that function existed, and I have had Galaxies through the 10+. I use the 8+ for photos, because the camera is better than the 10+.

Getting off the track, thouh..... I just wanted to thank you for solving my problem so quickly and clearly. Thanks!