Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link To Windows Malware s20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 01:54 PM)
PosXanTivity
Explorer
Options
I've just updated the Link To Windows App through the Google Playstore. It popped up saying "This App is seen as harmful" but I stupidly clicked Install Anyway given it's through Google Play. Now my in-built device protection keeps popping up with Threat Detected. Whenever I click the uninstall button through Device Protection, nothing happens. I can't uninstall Windows To Go through App Info or uninstall updates. Has anybody else experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? I've cleared cache and data and denied permissions.

Cover image

12 REPLIES 12
PosXanTivity
Explorer
Options
Not sure if images are showing*Screenshot_20221116_134821_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20221116_133436_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
DaveAgain
Journeyman
Options
Strange, I get a menu at the top right of the screen when I go to the apps page for link to windows. It has a single entry allowing updates to be removed.
I got the same message when I went to install the update. I'm sure it's a false alert, but not sure enough that I ignored the alert. I'm a beta tester and alerted the developers.
0 Likes
Bazzaaa17
First Poster
Options
Got the same details/message this morning on my Z Fold4
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Start your phone in Safe mode and check if you can uninstall the app.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

0 Likes
Krypticsoul
First Poster
Options

Go to Settings>Apps. Tap on the 3 bars on the right side of "Your apps". Select "Show System Apps". Search for "Device Security". Tap on "Storage" then clear both Cache and Data. Re-run device care.

Monkeyjim24
Explorer
Options

Good morning I have a Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G and have had exactly the same problem. At first I thought it was a problem due to my New Laptop (only purchased 2 days ago) having Mcafee installed and that was the issue. I am pretty good with both Computers and phones so have been taking a look at Various options. I am also a Beta Tester as others have mentioned, so all I can think 🤔 of at present is its a glitch with the app and it will get resolved quickly 🤞🏻in an update? I have no other ideas and as always Samsung don't seem to know themselves or it wouldn't be happening in the first place? I don't have Android 13 yet as my phone is not due for the upgrade. Maybe its all to do with something they have done to the app since Android 13 was released? Also just to let you know I'm using Windows 11 Asus Vivobook and before it was fine when using my Older Asus also with Windows 11. It MUST BE a glitch in the Software. Hope they sort it soon as its very annoying the so called threat keeps coming up every Scan! 

0 Likes
Monkeyjim24
Explorer
Options
There is no option to do this as above on my Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G?
0 Likes
memoconq
Journeyman
Options

This worked for me, thanks.

0 Likes
Monkeyjim24
Explorer
Options

It doesn't work! 

0 Likes