Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Keyboard unexpected line break

(Topic created on: 18-12-2022 10:41 AM)
C-Sharper
Apprentice
Options

Sometimes when I'm composing text and I type the letter A, a line break is inserted in addition to the letter A.

The behavior is independent of the app used (What's App, Messenger, ...) and the keyboard (GBoard, Samsung, ...).

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@C-Sharper: Please can you confirm the model name and current Android version of the device you're encountering this issue on? Are you using swipe controls, or a standard touch input? When you say 'a line break is inserted', do you mean that it skips to a new line/paragraph? 

0 Likes
C-Sharper
Apprentice
Options
  • Device: Samsung A52s 5G
  • Modelname: SM-A528B/DS
  • Software-Version: Android 13 -> Bug was also present in Android 12
  • One UI-Version 5.0

Yes, it skipts to a new line/paragraph. I use standard touch input. My son has the exact same device as me and also the same problem.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@C-Sharper: Thank you for clarifying. If you turn the phone into Landscape Mode while composing a text, does the issue persist? Furthermore, if you tap the 3 dots on the right side of the Keyboard Toolbar, select Keyboard size and adjust the size of the keyboard, do you encounter the same issue? 

0 Likes
C-Sharper
Apprentice
Options

I encounter the problem also if I use the One-Hand mode. In landscape mode i never experienced the problem.

As far as I can tell it must have something to do with a piece of area next (left) to the A key which sometimes if hit leads to the line break.

0 Likes
Solution
C-Sharper
Apprentice
Options

I think the problem was myself. See the video at (00:05 min) or the picture. That touch comes from part of my thumb! 😄

2022-12-18_21h10_11.png

2022-12-18_21h31_13.png

0 Likes